In much of the world experiencing the beginning of spring, many people find themselves in the midst of a great struggle. On the one hand, the warm weather and the visions of outdoor fun, family reunions and the simple joys of the long and languid season, and on the other, a series of allergies and other unpleasant surprises crouching, always ready to ruin what should be a happy time.
Luckily, the advent of air purification systems at affordable prices has made it possible for the average individual or family to have healthy and comfortable fun throughout the year. Of course, finding the best air purifier for your own situation and circumstances is not always simple. We have created this practical guide to collect your own optimal air purification solution and we hope to get a “breath of fresh air”. To start, just keep reading.
Top 10 Air Purifier
- True-HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as...
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors.
- Designed in California. 100% ozone free, does not use UV or ions which produce trace amounts of measurable...
- 3 Stage Filtration System: Pre-filter, TRUE HEPA Filter & Activated Carbon Filter. It removes 99. 97% of dust,...
- PURIFIES THE AIR: True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, mold spores, and...
- DESTROYS GERMS & BACTERIA: UV-C light safely destroys micro-organisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria, and...
- HEALTHIER HEPA AIR PURIFIER - Our hOmeLabs personal air purifier removes 99% of indoor pollutants that cause...
- 4-STAGE PURIFYING TECHNOLOGY - Perfect for those with allergies or stuffy nose, and frequent travelers, our...
- AIR PURIFIER FOR ALLERGIES AND PETS: HEPA + Pet Pure Treatment Filter: HEPA filter captures 99.97% of...
- AIR PURIFIER FOR SMOKERS: Charcoal filter reduces common odors from pets, smoking and cooking.
For the budget conscious buyer looking for an air purifier of their own, a RIGOROUS air purifier is a great option. Equipped with all the amenities one should expect from a branded provider (HEPA filtration, an Energy Star rating, etc.), as well as some surprises such as its patented PlasmaWave technology, this machine will serve quite well as a bedroom purification system , the family area, the living room or even a smaller studio and will do it without breaking the bank.
It works very well. It is the perfect compact size for smaller spaces. It is very accessible. It is capable of filtering 99.97% of dust, pollen, cigarette smoke, odors, mold spores, and even pets. It has the capacity to filter particles from 0.3 microns, filtering the air containing PM2.5 (pollution rate) in order to improve their health. A HEPA filter is included.
It does not work in very large spaces. It is not built to last longer like certain high-end units.
Purchase guide: What should I know before buying an air purifier?
What is an air purifier?
An air purifier is an apparatus designed to treat environmental contaminants (toxic, smoke or suspended particles) and allergic particles. All this manages to create much healthier conditions, preventing us from developing health problems, or aggravating illnesses that we may have.
Types of air purifiers
· HEPA air particle filtration: HEPA filters (an acronym for “High-Efficiency Particulate Air”) is a type of filter that has the capacity to kill all particles up to 0.3 microns. It is a type of air purifier without ozone (does not generate this element), or other harmful to health.
- Ionic filtration: These purifiers do not require changing the filter and have the capacity to attract very fine particles. They do not need as much power as the other purifiers, although they are not designed to cover very large areas.
- Carbon filtration: They are very efficient to combat environmental pollutants. They eliminate odors and other strange elements. However, it is not the best option to purify the environment of varied microorganisms and allergens.
- Ultraviolet UV light: These purifiers finish with mold by means of a UV system. This eliminates the health problems arising from the proliferation of mold. The problem they have is that this type of light does not easily reach all corners of the house.
Reasons why you buy a purifier
- To help with allergies: Many models are quite effective at finishing almost 100% of allergens in the environment, which will improve the quality of life of allergic people.
- To reduce the triggers of asthma: It is related to the above. If you end up with asthma allergens, the person suffering from this disorder will not aggravate their symptoms.
- To prevent dust: Depending on the type of filter / s the appliance has, it is also able to filter the dust.
- To eliminate mold: Mold causes many important health problems. Purifiers such as ultraviolet light emission are the most suitable to eliminate this problem.
- To reduce dandruff and hair of pets: At this point, you have to be careful, since not all purifiers can eliminate these components. In general, it is the largest and most capable of those who dare to do so.
- To eliminate smoke and its smell: If there are smokers at home, a purifier is also a good resource that will help eliminate odors.
If you still do not know if you are looking for an air purifier with water, compact, UV light, with HEPA filter, etc., this guide you buy will help you to dispel your doubts:
The zone of action refers to the area comprising the apparatus. There are large models that can reach 90-100m ^ 2, even more, and there are small models that hardly exceed 15m ^ 2.
Depending on the place where it will be placed, we will choose the most suitable purifier.
A purifier can be composed of different types of filters, but it is more than advisable that one of them be HEPA.
The reason for this is that HEPA filters are able to eliminate up to 100% of harmful substances from the environment, allergens, dust, dirt, etc.
If you choose a model that has a timer, you can program the device to turn off without having to control it at all times. At first, it may seem an impractical function, but sooner or later you will realize that it is very interesting.
Number of Speeds
To buy a good air purifier we should also take a look at the number of speeds offered. Some models allow regulating the speed in 2 or 3 intervals, while others can also have an automatic mode (able to regulate the speed based on the needs of the environment).
The more speeds, the better it will adapt.
Buying an air purifier Ionizer is also very interesting: ions are negative particles that stick to smaller particles increasing their size. In this way they are more easily caught by the device, purifying the environment.
However, this function is not very practical in certain models, so you should review the opinions beforehand, just in case.
It is rare to find a purifier that has a remote control, but if you find a better one than better. The idea of this function is to be able to control all the functions without having to be manipulating the device; we can do it comfortably from the sofa.