Brushing your teeth is only part of your daily routine. Keeping your teeth clean is not only essential for preventing stains and maintaining an admirable denture, keeping your breath fresh and ensuring that your teeth remain whiter, but it is also crucial to your oral health. Not brushing your teeth properly results in tooth decay, gum disease, and other problems that can lead to extensive dental work and thus resort to high dental bills.
While a manual toothbrush gets the job done when used correctly, more and more people are putting electric models in their toothbrush holder. Investing in an electric toothbrush is an easy way to intensify your oral hygiene game. These appliances remove plaque, better than manual brushes, and that two-minute timer keeps you brushing all the time you have to brush for healthier teeth. But with so many models in the market (and a wide range of prices), finding the right one is a challenge.
Top 10 Electric Toothbrush
- Clinically proven superior 3D Cleaning Action oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove 300%...
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and the in-handle timer helps you brush...
- Removes up to 7x more plaque vs. a manual toothbrush
- Pressure sensor protects teeth and gums from excess brushing pressure
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates and pulsates to break up and remove up to 300 percentage...
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and the in handle timer helps you brush...
- Removes up to 100% more plaque vs. a regular manual toothbrush
- 2D cleaning electric toothbrush head oscillates and rotates to break up and remove plaque
- POWERFUL DENTIST LIKE CLEANING - with 40,000 micro-brushes per minute. Enjoy clean and healthy teeth in 7 days...
- ONE 4-HOUR CHARGE LAST 30 DAYS - compatible with any power source with an auto shut off after a full charge...
- AQUASONIC FOR 2 - Duo is an all in one home system for multiple users (perfect for him/her or the kids) for a...
- DUAL 40,000 VPM SMART TOOTHBRUSHES - AquaSonic Duo features two world class toothbrushes with the most up to...
- Real time feedback with the Oral-B app focuses brushing on your most important areas, tracks habits over time,...
- Made of different high tech materials like silicon. Cross Action round brush head with perfectly angled...
- Features Micro Pulse Bristles to clean deep between teeth for outstanding plaque removal does not replace...
- Head rotates side to side in an oscillating manner, while penetrating hard to reach areas
- Allow the handle to charge a full 24hrs before its first use.The handle could be left on the charger at all...
- Removes up to 2x more plaque than a manual toothbrush. Includes 1 e Series brush head 9standard)
- Customize your experience with the three different modes: Clean, White and Gum Care
- Pressure sensor protects teeth and gums from excess brushing pressure while improving your gum health up to...
How to choose an electric brush: what to look for and buying tips
If you have decided to buy an electric toothbrush to wash your teeth, it is time to decide on the best model with which to effectively take advantage of manual brushing. Among these advantages is the possibility of exchanging heads depending on what we want to achieve as well as enhance a certain type of dental cleaning.
Now, not all electric brushes are the same. Make sure you choose the most appropriate one correctly. Here are buying tips and what to look for to buy an electric toothbrush.
Types of electric brushes
Within the category of electric brushes, we can differentiate two types according to the technology used: rotating brushes and sonic/ultrasonic brushes. The main difference is in how they produce the movement.
The most basic (and cheap) electric brushes use basically the rotary movement of the head and can reach speeds of about 5000 movements per minute, much more than if we did it in manual mode. In contrast, sonic and ultrasonic models perform the movements by vibrating the head, which allows it to reach speeds from 30000 movements per minute.
Within each of these categories of electric brushes, we find variations that add more movements and possibilities to the base ones. There are models where the head or some part of the brush/bristles can be moved back and forth while rotating or vibrating, as well as going in the same direction as the whole head or in the opposite direction.
Between the two types of electric brushes, there is no better one than the other globally. The rotation/pulsation are more effective to eliminate the bacterial plaque but on the other hand, the sonido type generates an interesting action of indirect cleaning by fluids wider. The combination of the technology of the brush with the heads will depend on the main objective of your oral cleaning.
What to look for before buying an electric toothbrush
In addition to the operating technology, there are a number of features that we can take into account when buying an electric toothbrush.
The most important is the autonomy and recharge system. The electric brushes can work with batteries or rechargeable batteries. Among the latter, there are different charging systems and bases, both for one and several brushes, travel cases that also load … Of course, autonomy is key if we usually go on a trip and do not want to take everything with us.
The brushing modes are also important. According to the models of electric brushes we can choose different modes of use, some general and others more specific for cleaning gums, tongue or teeth whitening. Then we have the extras in the form of a screen or LED lights for different uses.
Finally, although it does not have to do directly with the operation of the brushes, it is convenient that we take into account the price, variety, and type of compatible brush replacements because the useful life of our model and its possibilities of use will depend on it.
The “smart” star functions of electric brushes
Sensors, connectivity and advanced features are the stars of the most complete models. With these functions, we can from monitor to customize the brush, both in brushing modes or programs and even in the color of some lights that include.
The most outstanding functions in the electric brushes of the market are:
- Pressure sensors. Incorporated to the brushes, they allow detecting if the brushing is being very aggressive with the gums. Depending on the model, we can obtain a luminous, acoustic warning or directly reduce the operating speed to avoid injuries or discomfort during brushing.
- Position detector. The most advanced and complete models of electric brushes include systems that detect where you brush. This information serves to cover all the areas of the mouth and optimize the brushing time.
- Bluetooth connectivity. Some models have Bluetooth connectivity that allows them to be linked to an application from which to take monitoring of our brushing patterns, time and many other data that, according to the brush, we can quantify.
- Timing. The countdown that tells you acoustically or visually when you have completed the brushing time recommended by dentists. It is the one that should not be missing in any brush.
Electric brushes shopping guide: recommended models in different price ranges
Cheap electric brushes less than 50 euros
Although it may seem that an electric toothbrush has to be expensive, nothing is further from the truth. The models with the best quality/price ratio are given in the entry range and do not cost more than 50 euros. They are usually of the rotating type and with basic but sufficient functions.