Anti-colic, anti-reflux, anti-asphyxia. Are you confused when you look at all the different bottles available? We do not blame you, baby bottles are no longer just to feed your baby. Innovative, smartly designed baby bottles are now available to treat and even prevent health conditions while your baby enjoys feeding.
Choosing the perfect bottle for your baby is one of the most important decisions you can make regarding feeding him.
Top 10 Bottles For Breastfed Babies
- Comotomo baby bottles are deisgned to most closely mimic breastfeeding to reduce bottle rejection and nipple...
- Ultra wide-neck design allows easy cleaning by hand without a brush. Nipple and body is made of 100% safe...
- REDUCES NIPPLE CONFUSION: The NaturalWave Nipple is clinically proven to reduce nipple confusion. It enables...
- ANTI-COLIC DESIGN: Lansinoh bottles feature a unique venting system that reduces baby's intake of gas, a...
- BREASTFEEDING BOTTLE: Baby instinctively connects to the bottle's familiar shape, while 2x faster warming...
- NUTRIENTS PROTECTION: A breastmilk storage bottle that cools 2xs faster to reduce bacterial growth. Even...
- A collection of six brightly-colored Closer to Nature Baby Bottles
- Breast-like nipple shape for an easy and natural latch
- Clinically proven to reduce colic and discomfort;Material Bottle: Polypropylene, BPA freeNipple: Silicone,...
- Anti-colic valve integrated into the nipple vents air into the bottle and away from baby's tummy. Designed to...
- Medela is the #1 Physician Recommended Breastmilk Storage Product in the U.S*
- Compatible with all Medela breast pumps, so you can pump, store and feed with one container
- BPA-free, easy-to-clean 8oz bottles with two stage 1 nipples (slow flow), one stage 2 nipple (medium flow) and...
- Doctor recommended for healthy feeding and sleeping
- Includes two 5 oz. Anti-Colic bottles, two 9 oz. Anti-Colic bottles, two newborn pacifiers
- The Anti-Colic bottles have a SkinSoft textured nipple that makes the switch between breast and bottle easy
- Multiple nipple holes provide a natural feed, just like mom's breast. Nipple comes with 3 to 9 holes,...
- Advanced 1-piece Anti-Colic Air system helps reduce colic, gas and spit up
- 4 - 4 oz/120 ml Options Bottles with fully-vented design to preserve nutrients and aid in digestion
- 4 - Preemie (Slowest Flow) Nipples with narrow base for whole-nipple engagement
Features to consider in a good bottle
There are many different aspects to consider when buying a bottle for your baby. The selection you make can have a negative or positive impact on your baby’s feeding experience. Do you feel overwhelmed? You do not have to do it. We’re here to help.
Here are some important aspects.
Most bottles will offer a variety of sizes and nipple flows. It is extremely important to select the right nipple flow for your baby’s age:
- Newborn: 3 months: newborn babies should be given a slow-flowing nipple to prevent drowning and overeating.
- Babies from 3 to 6/6 to 12 months: babies of these two age categories can be given medium flow nipples.
- Young children 12 to 18 months: Small children can be given fast-flow nipples.
Some nipple marks will have different guidelines than the information provided above. Follow the guidelines for each brand accordingly
Why it is important to use the correct nipple
The selection of the correct nipple can prevent numerous conditions and risks, such as Most bottles will offer a variety of sizes and flows of nipples. It is extremely important to select the right nipple flow for your baby’s age:
- Talk late: when your baby is breastfed, develop muscles within the mouth and tongue that are responsible for the correct speaking skills. These muscles may not develop completely if you select a nipple that is too easy to suck.
- Confusion in the nipple: if you are breastfeeding your baby, you should select a nipple that looks like yours. This prevents rejection of your baby’s nipple and weaning.
- Choking: if a nipple releases too much milk at the same time, your baby can suffocate, so you should select a slow flow for smaller babies.
- Overeating: If your baby ingests too much milk per serving, it may be overfed and cause saliva and reflux.
The size of the bottle
Smaller and thinner bottles are easier to hold for both you and your baby. Always consider the capacity of the bottle. Low-capacity baby bottles are ideal for newborns. However, you will have to buy new bottles as your baby grows and requires more per serving.
Selecting a bottle that has a greater fluid capacity will be a smarter financial option. Then, you simply have to change the nipple as your baby grows and not the entire bottle.
Most bottles are made of plastic. Bisphenol A (BPA) is used in the manufacture of plastic. This harmful substance has been linked to many health problems such as cancer. Always select a BPA-free plastic. Other harmful substances to consider include:
- POLYVINYL CHLORIDE
Read the label carefully and select bottles without these chemicals to prevent your baby from digesting harmful toxins.
Baby bottles can help relieve many health conditions. Here are some examples :
- Reflux: select a slow feeding bottle to prevent your baby from regurgitating. Reflux bottles will prevent overflow and air bubbles in your baby’s mouth.
- Colic and gas: the anti colic bottles are made with vents to prevent air from entering the nipple. This will prevent your baby from swallowing air during feeding with milk.
- Ear infections: Does your baby suffer from recurrent ear infections? It may be the position where you feed it. Pediatricians recommend keeping your baby straight during bottle feeding. Angled bottles provide comfortable food for your baby and prevent the accumulation of fluid in the ears that cause an ear infection.