There are many different working parts that help to keep your car running. One of the most important parts and one of the easiest to replace is the battery. Batteries come in several sizes so it’s important to verify the exact type you need for your vehicle. Once you have the battery it’s easy to install. Some batteries will come with a warranty which may be the deciding factor in which option you choose. Having assurance that your battery will be replaced if it doesn’t last may be worth the extra money spent on getting a battery with a good warranty.
When you’re shopping for batteries it’s important to know the make and model of your car. This will help you choose the right battery for your vehicle. Car batteries come in a varied range of prices. When purchasing a battery for your car it’s not necessarily the best time to buy the cheapest option available. A good battery will ensure you’re able to get where you need to go and you won’t have to worry about a dead battery at an inconvenient time.
Top 10 Car Battery
- 170 CCA; Better warranty: Limited 2-year full replacement warranty, not pro rata; Longer service life: With...
- Longer cycle life: 70 percentage longer cycle life compared to conventional deep cycle batteries, up to 400...
- 20X more vibration protection safeguards battery performance over time, 2X the cycle life extends the...
- BCI Gp 35, CCA 650, RC 100 minutes, 50 AH rating
- Maintenance-free Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) technology - no water required, no spills, no leaks, and no...
- Valve regulated-gas recombinant technology, can provide up to 3-times the cycle life of conventional auto...
- 12-Volt, 620 Cold Cranking Amps, Size: 9 5/16" x 6 13/16" x 7 5/8" tall, Weight: 36.4 pounds, SAE Post,.300+...
- 98 minutes reserve capacity for constant performance
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS LOOKS LIKE THE BATTERY YOU ARE REPLACING!
- NOT FOR A GOLF CART!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 12-Volt, 720 Cold Cranking Amps, Size: 9.38 x 7.69 x 6.75-InchesWeight: 31.7 pounds, SAE Posts
- Reserve capacity of 90 minutes for constant performance
- 12-Volt, 720 Cold Cranking Amps, Size: 10 5/16" x 6 13/16" x 7 5/8" tall, Weight: 39.5 pounds, SAE Posts
- Reserve capacity of 90 minutes for constant performance;Up to 3X longer life
- Cold Crank Amp (CCA)- 850
- Better warranty: Limited 3 and 4 year full replacement warranty - not pro rata
- 12-Volt, 450 Cold Cranking Amps, Size: 9 5/16" x 5 1/16" x 8 15/16" tall, Weight: 26 pounds, SAE Post
- Reserve capacity of 66 minutes for constant performance
- 12-Volt, 720 Cold Cranking Amps, Size: 10 5/16" x 6 13/16" x 7 5/8" tall, Weight: 33.1 pounds, Dual SAE & GM...
- Reserve capacity of 90 minutes for constant performance
Get to Know About Basic Battery Types
Before jumping into the car battery reviews, educate yourself with their types, which will come handy when you will be shopping for the best auto battery.
The batteries can be broadly categorized into two groups – maintenance-free battery and the high-tech absorbed glass mat (AGM). Each type comes with their own unique benefits, which you should know about before making any decision.
1. Lead – Acid Battery (Regular)
Lead- Acid batteries are widely used and familiar nowadays. To use the battery type, drivers have to top off the water in the electrolyte solution periodically as the power source of the battery is the liquid inside it. With the lightning speed of technology, new lead-acid batteries do not require more water like the traditional flooded cell ones. The new ones are manufactured to retain their fluid for the battery life and their caps are not meant to be disconnected.
The cost of a lead-acid battery is significantly cheaper than the cost of an AGM battery so that’s is why lead-acid batteries are widely used. But there are some things you should notice that lead-acid batteries cannot hold a charge for long and they have a low ability to tolerate a deep discharge.
2. Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM)
Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries are equipped in more cars because of its outstanding abilities and smart features. Compared to standard automotive batteries, AGM batteries have the ability to better stand up to recharging cycles and repeated draining. AGM batteries have smart features like electronic safety, convenience features, fuel-saving stop-start systems and power outlets for mobile electronic devices.
To buy an AGM battery, you have to pay about 40% to 100% than normal batteries like a lead-acid battery. Consider that if you are a type of people who often leave their car for a long period of time and the car battery loses its charge, buying an AGM battery will be a smart choice for you. The reason is that AGM batteries are designed to better tolerate a deep discharge and are likely to recover fully.
Useful Tips to Choose the Best Car Battery
It should be a mistake if, in this article of best car battery reviews, we do not mention about useful tips to choose the best car battery. Therefore, to help you find out which battery is the best for your needs, here are 4 useful tips for you:
Tip 1: Choose The Right Battery For Your Vehicle
We all know that every vehicle requires a specific type of battery. Each vehicle needs a different amount of power and differently sized battery. Thus, you need to check your vehicle’s maintenance guide to know what kind of battery is suitable for your car.
- If you lose the maintenance guide, you will need to take your car to a repair shop and ask a mechanic to identify the type of your car battery.
- Because climate has a huge impact on the way a car battery works, you should choose a battery appropriate for your local weather conditions. Cold-weather batteries are often labeled “N” or “North”. Hot-weather batteries might be labeled “S” or “South”.
- If you are an off-road driver, a battery which can endure constant vibrations will be a better choice for you.
Tip 2. Pick A Maintenance-Free Battery
With the skyrocketing development of technology nowadays, most of the car batteries are maintenance-free which don’t need any special attention. But, there are still some batteries required filling with water periodically. Therefore, to avoid any problem in the future, you should buy a maintenance-free battery whenever possible.
Tip 3: Purchase A Battery Which Has A Good Reputation
Buying a battery which has a lot of reviews is a smart choice as this battery is tested by auto enthusiasts and consumer communities. All you have to do is reading reviews or checking consumer reports on commercial sites selling the battery to get information about the battery or other types of batteries sold there.
- People often review car batteries based on their power and longevity. You can simply check whether the batty is a best deep cycle battery or not by reading people’s comments.
Tip 4: Avoid Purchasing Old Batteries
Batteries lose their strength even when we store them carefully. Therefore, you should always buy a new one which was manufactured within the last 6 months to make sure what you buy is the best car battery at that time.
- In some car batteries, there is a code helping you determine the date of the battery. For instance, the letter “A” stands for January, letter “B” stands for February, etc.