Water is a precious and scarce commodity. Only in Spain, each citizen consumes more than 170 liters of water per day. One of the solutions to save water is to buy a good dishwasher. Many people are surprised to learn that washing dishes by hand consumes about 30 liters more water than using a dishwasher.
Top 10 Dishwasher Detergent
- Cascade Complete ActionPacs Dishwasher Detergent, Fresh Scent, 78
- Powers away stuck-on messes - no pre-wash needed
- Tougher than 24-hour stuck-on messes
- ActionPacs are formulated with the grease-fighting power of Dawn
- World's #1 Recommended Brand (Recommended by more dishwasher brands worldwide)
- No need to pre-soak or pre-rinse with Powerball cuts through grease & scrubs away burnt & dried-on food
- Gel with the grease-fighting power of Dawn
- More tough food-cleaning ingredients (vs. regular Cascade Gel)
- Dishwasher detergent gel with the gr
- Formulated with POWER BOOSTER
- No pre-wash needed! Cascade Platinum PLUS+ dishwasher detergent removes burnt-on food
- No pre-wash needed
- Powers away 24-hour stuck on food
- Advanced plant-derived dish soap powerfully cleans your dirtiest messes
- Leaves dishes streak free and sparkling clean
- Tougher than 24-hour stuck-on messes
- Powers away residues
- 100% better drying vs detergent alone
- Removes spots & residue for brilliant shine
To choose a good dishwasher you have to look at a series of features:
Energy efficiency: we must take into account the electricity consumption. The categories go from A to D but in recent years the improvement in this sense has been so important that the best categories are A ++ and A +. Within the energetic efficiency also it is necessary to see the consumption of water.
Although the most efficient devices are more expensive at the time of purchase, they are usually amortized long before the end of their useful life, so the savings are much higher.
Noise level: the dishwasher when it is in operation is one of the noisiest and most annoying household appliances. The manufacturers have managed to reduce their noise level. For the choice of the model, it is very important that its noise emission does not exceed 50 decibels.
Programs and functions: it is not trivial to keep in mind what kind of programs you have and it is not limited to a question of tastes. If you have the right programs and we make correct use of them this will also determine the final consumption of the dishwasher. It is recommended that they have a program between 45 to 55 degrees Celsius for economic washes; another between 55 to 65 degrees and a third from 65 to 75 degrees for washes with embedded dirt.
Who should buy a dishwasher?
A dishwasher is a great investment. Because it saves time and effort, it cleans dishes, reduces bills and saves energy and water.
Today’s appliances are much more efficient than washing dishes by hand. Hand washing a full load of dishes would require about 100 liters of water and 2.7 kWh to heat the water with the heater. Using a dishwasher saves about 10 thousand liters of water and the equivalent of 300 kWh per year if used four times a week. With what that reduces the bill of water, gas, and light.
The dishwashers are also best to sanitize the dishes as they use much hotter than anyone could tolerate hand washing water. Soap does not kill germs, hot water does.
Most dishwashers heat water to 55 degrees Celsius (130 degrees Fahrenheit) during a normal cycle and can reach 72 degrees Celsius (160 degrees Fahrenheit) in special cycles. Normal tap water can reach 48 degrees Celsius (120 degrees Fahrenheit) and the pain threshold of most people is around 41 degrees Celsius (106 degrees Fahrenheit).
And thanks to the new enzymatic detergents, ecological cleaning products, it is no longer necessary to pre-wash the dishes. Some of the dishwashers discussed below are perfect for small families, couples or people who live alone.
Analysis of experts, users, and buyers
In this comparison, the most sought-after and best-valued models by the buyers have been analyzed by experts and users.
The A ++ energy classification has been decisive to consider the Teka LP8 820 dishwasher as the purchase recommendation. Its price, its multiple washing programs and its 49 decibels of noise have made this the best valued by experts.
The second option of the experts is the Indesit DFG 26B1 with good technical characteristics for a price of about 300 euros.