Achieving a youthful appearance has always been a concern of both the male and female audience. Thus, among the most popular cosmetic products are anti-aging creams also known as anti-wrinkle creams, which allow the passage of years is not so obvious. Not only is it an aesthetic issue, since for women it is related to their self-esteem, affecting their personal confidence and other aspects in their daily lives.
Top 10 Face Moisturizer
- 1.7-fluid ounce jar of hydrating water-gel face moisturizer with hyaluronic acid to hydrate dry skin
- Gel moisturizer formula provides hydration to skin, leaving it looking smooth and supple day after day. 100...
- [ ALL DAY HYDRATION ] Provides 24-hour hydration and helps restore the protective skin barrier with three...
- [ MOISTURE-RETAINING INGREDIENTS ] Formulated with hyaluronic acid to help retain skin's natural moisture
- POWERFUL RESTORATIVE ANTI AGING FORMULA - Supercharged blend with15% Vitamin C and potent antioxidants combine...
- THE DIFFERENCE in skin treated with TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Daily Facial Moisturizer is striking. In...
- Concerned by maturing skin on your face and neck? Dry patches? Fine lines, wrinkles and crow's feet? Our...
- We use only the best premium moisturizing ingredients like Rose Distillate, Aloe Vera, Vitamin C & E, Orange...
- BEST SELLER - Heard all the hype about our top selling Retinol Moisturizer? With over 4,000 rave reviews, it's...
- SMOOTH AND FIRM - Baebody Retinol Moisturizer contains Retinol (Vitamin A) which boosts the skin's renewal...
- Contains 2.5% active Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, and Green Tea
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles, acne, and brightens skin tone
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer for sensitive skin featuring a lightweight &...
- Oil-free formula absorbs quickly into skin, eliminating dryness without leaving skin greasy or shiny. It is...
- VITAMIN C MOISTURIZER - Our Vitamin C Moisturizer Fights the Appearance of Wrinkles, Fine Lines, Age Spots,...
- SUPER MOISTURIZER - Our Moisturizer is Lightweight and Fast Absorbing. Use Day and Night to Reveal A Brighter...
- 1.7-ounce jar of gel-cream face moisturizer with hyaluronic acid quenches extra-dry skin
- The gel formula provides rapid hydration to skin, leaving it looking smooth and supple by restoring skin's...
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of moisturizer. How to use: Use 1 pump and apply all over face and neck. Use morning and...
- Helps leave skin soft and smooth
Which Facial Moisturizers Skin Type Matters
Facial skin moisturizers are developed with specific skin types in mind and this is one of the reasons why there are so many different products out there. But this isn’t a bad thing because it provides a larger selection of moisturizers to choose from that will help you find one that gives you the results you are looking for.
There Are 5 Basic Skin Types
These include normal to oily, normal to dry, sensitive skin, combination skin and sun damaged and aging skin. Each type has its own set of characteristics and requires very different types of moisturizing formulas to avoid experiencing negative results.
Normal to Oily Skin
Causes an overproduction of oil from the sebaceous glands and gives off a shiny appearance. Skin pores are usually enlarged and more susceptible to infections such as acne, blackheads and other blemishes.
Normal to Dry Skin
Feels tight after washing and is more sensitive to damage because the cells are usually undernourished and lack the moisture elasticity that is required for healthy skin.
Is more delicate than the other types and tends to be thinner and prone to irritation from outside elements such as the sun, weather, and contact with scents and chemicals often found in cosmetic products.
Aging and sun damaged skin tend to have a leathery texture, be thinner and exhibit broken capillaries. It is also usually more prone to sagginess, the development of lines and wrinkles, and has an unhealthy tone with a lack of elasticity.
Although not a specific skin type, problems in the skin such as blemishes, blackheads, acne and other inflammations may require the use of special formulations that moisturize while addressing the specific problems without worsening them.
What to Look For In Facial Skin Moisturizers
Once you’ve determined your own unique skin type, it’s simpler to figure out the exact formulation that will work best for moisturizing your skin and addressing any problem areas that might exist. The ingredients found in the products are what will make the biggest difference. Here is what you should look for in moisturizers for your facial skin.
Normal to Oily Skin
Requires a light and water-based moisturizer that strictly avoids the use of heavy, creamy or oil-based ingredients. Since clogging of the pores becomes more of an issue for oily types of skin, avoid those with talc and other additives that can settle into the pores, potentially causing infection. Find a formula that is designated for use with oily skin.
Normal to Dry Skin
May need additional hydration. Formulas that include a creamier blend of emollients may work the best. Avoid products that contain heavy scents and chemicals as these can irritate already dry skin that may be somewhat damaged. Collagen may help to restore some of the elasticity that is generally lost in drier skin.
Requires moisturizers that are neither heavy on emollients nor too light. If there are no other skin issues present, light to medium moisturizer that contains just enough texture to make the skin feel rejuvenated and healthy is all that is required. Normal skin needs moisturizing as much as any of the other skin types. Using a formula that is designated for other types may cause issues to arise, so it is best to stick with neutral formulations that stipulate normal.
Types need moisturizing with products that strictly avoid the use of chemicals or scents. Natural skin moisturizers that are hypoallergenic are recommended over all of the others. Some ingredients that are beneficial include oatmeal, chamomile and aloe as these tend to have a calming effect on the skin and are not as likely to result in inflammation.
Sun Damaged or Aging Skin
Skin that is damaged due to overexposure to the sun, excessive ultraviolet light from tanning beds or to the natural aging process require special consideration. Moisturizers for this skin type should include an emollient base that is not too heavy or greasy, but that includes ingredients such as retinol and caffeine.
The retinol helps to repair damaged skin cells and in addition, combats the formation of fine lines and wrinkles that are appearing. Caffeine or other similar stimulating ingredients can help to firm the skin while the moisturizing agents hydrate for better overall skin health and appearance. Moisturizers that contain protection from ultraviolet rays can also be helpful in minimizing further damage caused by the rays of the sun.
By following the tips provided in this guide, you know what to look for in a facial skin moisturizer that will help to hydrate your skin and avoid causing further problems. Finding the right moisturizer can make all of the difference in the way your facial skin feels and looks. The overall health of your skin is affected by the way you care for it and regardless of the type of facial skin that you have, it needs daily moisturizing to function at its best.
The primary consideration in selecting the best facial skin moisturizer is to find one that is developed for your specific skin type. Manufacturers of these products are well aware of the need to create a diversity of products that will help meet the needs of consumers with a variety of different skin types. Not all of these products are made from the best ingredients, so as a consumer, it is up to you to check the labels and make sure that they include the things that will work best for your skin type, and that they do not include any of the ingredients that can worsen the condition of your skin.