One way of classifying shredders is, by the way, they cut paper. Strip-cut shredders cut sheets of paper into long strips. They are fast, but they don’t provide much security, as the strips are usually large enough that they could be reassembled by a patient, determined person. Cross-cut shredders, somewhat more secure, chop the paper into short, thin strips. And micro-cut shredders dice paper into tiny diamonds orbits of confetti and are suitable for shredding confidential—and in some cases secret—papers.
Top 10 Home Shredders
- Cross-cut paper shredder with 8-sheet capacity; destroys credit cards (one at a time)
- Shreds paper into strips measuring 3/16"x 1-27/32", meeting security level P3 standards
- High-security, micro-cut shredder with 12-sheet capacity; destroys credit cards, CDs, and DVDs (one at a time)
- Shreds paper into tiny pieces (5/32 by 15/32 inches) at a rate of 6 feet per minute
- Cross-cut paper shredder with 24-sheet capacity; destroys credit cards, CDs, and DVDs (one at a time)
- Shreds paper into strips measuring 7/32 by 1-27/32 inches
- 100% jam proof system eliminates paper jams and powers through tough jobs.
- SilentShred offers ultra-quiet shredder performance for shared workspaces.
- Shreds 18 sheets of paper per pass into 397 (5/32" x 1-1/2" Security Level P-4) cross-cut particles; shreds...
- Runs for up to 30 minutes before a cool down period is needed
- Continuous running time up to 30 minutes without stopping for mass documents ,destroying 3500 sheets...
- Cross-cut paper shredder with 14 sheets (A4 size 75g/m ²) shredding capacity; Shreds paper into tiny...
- Cross-cut paper shredder with 12-sheet capacity; destroys credit cards
- Shreds paper into cross section strips measuring 7/32 by 1-9/16 inches
- Shreds 10 sheets of paper per pass into 302 (5/32 x 2" Security Level P-3) cross-cut particles; shreds...
- Runs for up to 6 minutes before a cool down period is needed
- Shreds 11 sheets of paper per pass into 431 (5/32 x1-3/8" Security Level P-4) cross-cut particles; shreds...
- Runs for up to 5 minutes before a cool down period is needed
- High security micro-cut with 12 sheet capacities; destroys CDs, DVDs, credit cards and small paper clips
- Shreds paper, CDs, DVDs, credit cards into small pieces (5/32 by 15/32 inches), security level P-4
In the early times, there were small shredders which cut paper into medium sized pieces, as the technology evolved no you can buy the shredder which will cut the paper into micro bits. These shredders make it easy to shred the waste papers, important documents or secret papers, etc. The users feel at ease when they use the shredders to recycle the waste papers. With these shredders, it is almost impossible to assemble the document after proper shredding. There are some of the basic advantages of these shredders for both office and home use:
- A safe and clean way to clean trash
The paper shredders provide an authentic way to get rid of the waste papers or trash. You do not need to burn or throw the papers in the trash can as a whole. Shredding provides a safe and clean way to take care of medium-sized. No one likes having large junks of paper lying around. Shredders are the safest way to get rid of your waste papers or credit cards, etc.
- Best for Professional/official use
The paper shredder is an excellent choice for professional use where you need to shred hundreds and thousands of papers in a day. These are heavy duty shredders which can run for several hours and shred without any delay. A paper shredder is an excellent choice for an office. The best way to do is to shred these papers instead of burning or throwing away in the trash can. These shredders also allow you to make sure that no one looks into the waste material. Of course, no one bothers looking into shred papers.
- Protects confidential information
The information on the papers or official documents is confidential. If you run a business, you will not like to share your secrets of documents. To stop that from happening you should have a paper shredder. It will protect the documents from getting stolen. This way your company will keep in compliance with state and federal regulations for protecting the customer’s or employee’s data. The customers trust the company which protects their data.
- Easy to Use for Multiple Tasks
A paper shredder provides an opportunity for professionals to shred multiple items. Everyone who wants to get a paper shredder needs a machine which cuts every material. It will be no use if you buy a shredder which cuts paper but dies not shred CDs or cards. A high quality and the latest paper shredder by the top brands will shred papers and also shred credit cards, CDs, DVDs, covers, flyers, brochures, debit cards, invitation cards, etc.
- Good for environment
Everyone worries about being clean. No one likes to have a trash can full of junk. The paper shredders are the easy way to make sure that you waste the material without causing any damage to the environment. Using a paper shredder allows you to keep the landfills from filling up sooner. The reason is that the shredded paper is always easy to recycle. It gives you a peace of mind that you are playing an important part in saving the environment.
- Reduce the size of waste
A paper shredder also reduces the size of the waste material. The shredder will cut the paper into small confetti or cuts which make it easy to dispose of the waste. These small pieces take less space which means you can dispose of these pieces without any stress.
- Cost effectiveness
You must be wondering that these machines are very expensive. Well, you are wrong. You can easily buy a paper shredder ranging from $100 to $500. It will allow you to maximize the return on investment.
Features of a good paper shredder
When buying a paper shredder, there are a few important features which you should keep in mind. If the paper shredder has these features and qualities, it means it is a good choice for home and office use. So make sure that you look for these features when buying a shredder.
Always purchase a paper shredder which has a large bin. No one likes to keep on changing the bin every day. You will find various capacity shredders such as 4, 6 or 8 gallons or even larger than that. Make sure that you take the capacity into consideration and buy according to your needs. For a home use, you may rely on a 4 or a 6-gallon basket, but for office use, you should get a shredder which has at least 8 gallons bin. You should also know that a large bin improves productivity.
Another great feature of the paper shredder is the speed at which it can cut the paper. You can measure the speed in feet per minute. For example, if the speed is 4 feet per minute it means that the shredder will cut a 4 feet long A4 size paper in one minute. You should always buy the shredder which has more speed. Various models have different speeds. You can choose the shredder with less speed for home use. A heavy-duty shredder has the fastest shredding speeds. Make sure that you buy the shredder according to your needs.
- Security level
The security level of a shredder means how small it shreds. Whenever you are about to buy a shredder, make sure that you get the one which has a security level of P-3. Higher the security levels mean that it will cut or shred the paper into tinier particles.
- Shredding material
You should buy a shredder which cuts almost everything. The old models only had the ability to cut or shred papers. Today with advanced technology, the shredders shred various materials. A good paper shredder always cuts and shreds materials such as papers, print cards, credit cards, CDs, etc. So, you should buy the one which can shred all these items. It will save time and money both. You will not have to buy a separate shredder for cutting CDs or papers.
This feature is a must-have for office use. So, if you are buying a shredder for your office, you should always buy the one which has casters. Casters make the shredder movement easy. You can easily move the machine from one place to another.