For video editing, the fundamental tool is a powerful computer, which allows you to do the editing online and with an excellent resolution. Currently, there are laptops, with which you can perform all tasks of video editing easily, with huge benefits and best of all, quite inexpensive. So, we present the best 5 options on laptops for you to edit your videos.
This series of laptops offer you a wide range of options so you can use it every day, with many features and an attractive design. It has incredible performance and fast wireless speed.
It comes with the new MU-MIMO technology and excellent battery life. It has a 15.6 “widescreen where your images will have an impressive beauty with full HD enriched.
- Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad, HP Digital Pen in natural silver included.
- 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS Bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen (1920 x 1080)
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5 inches full HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop...
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance with a bright backlit...
- 15.6" HD display with 1366 x 768 resolution, Powered by a 2.70GHz AMD A12-9720P Quad core processor
- 1TB 5,400rpm HDD hard drive provides plenty of storage, 8GB DDR4 memory
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes...
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download,...
- Unique hinge that rotates 180°, 15.6-inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED-backlit Anti-glare Display, Backlit...
- Intel Core i5-7200U 2.50GHz Dual Core Processor (Max Turbo to 3.1GHz), Intel HD Graphics 620, DVD-RW Drive
- 11.6" HD (1366 X 768) Energy-Efficient LED-backlight Display, PowerVR GX6250
- MediaTek MT8173c 2.1 GHz Quad-Core, 4GB LPDDR3 Memory, 32GB EMMC
- 11.6" HD display and Intel HD 520 graphics; Convertible body with 360-degree hinge for laptop and tablet modes
- Intel Dual-Core i3-6100U 2.30GHz
- High res 10 inch PixelSense Display designed to be viewed, touched, and written on
- Lightest Surface yet, starting at 1.15 pounds ; Touch: 10 point multi touch
- Introducing the RCA 11 Galileo Pro 2-in-1 tablet with detachable keyboard. The 11 Galileo Pro operates on...
- 11.5-inch high definition screen. The impressive 1.3GHz quad-core processor is powerful enough to zoom through...
- 14 in Full HD LCD touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support, Intel Pentium Silver Quad Core...
- 64GB eMMC, 4 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
What do I have to look for when I buy a computer-oriented to architectural works?
The CPU, processor, or whatever you want to call it, is one of the main components of a computer. It is manufactured on a chip that contains millions of logical components where calculation operations are performed.
This chapter is easy and there is little doubt about it. My recommendation is a processor of the maximum possible power and preferably INTEL. The ideal right now would be the i7. Why Intel? Because after many years working with many computers, my conclusion is that they are less problematic and have a better performance.
This does not mean that you discard other brands like AMD, it is simply the one that I would choose based on my experience with different brands.
RAM is the component where data and programs that the CPU is processing or processing at a given moment are temporarily stored. When we have an open program this is temporarily stored in RAM.
The RAM will give you the stability of render, that is to say, when you have a complex scene in terms of polygons and/or materials the RAM will support this load of information. If the RAM memory collapses it will make the render hang and you cannot render (there are always tricks, but they are not infallible)
For us to clarify, this is the memory that allows us to carry out several processes at the same time in a fluid way. It is a very important part of our team that will save us a lot of time so that the more you have better, but always looking at the balance with its price. From 8Gb you can work well, although it would be advisable 16Gb or more of RAM in our computers.
The graphics card in a computer for an architecture professional is something important, but not vital. I mean, we are not going to play ultramodern games in which very powerful graphics cards are necessary, we are going to limit ourselves to modeling buildings in 3D, to make use of BIM and in specific cases to render images in 3D,
For all these cases, the computer uses more of the processor than the graphics card. It is often an error to think that to model and render we need the use of the graphics card: it is rendered with the processor, not with the graphics card. The graphics card is what will give you fluidity to work, that is when you model you can move smoothly and normally.
My first recommendation, of course, is the Nvidia Quadro cards, but they have the small problem that they cost an arm and a leg, so we would move on to the Nvidia Geforce, which, although they are not designed for the same functions, behave very well.
We are not interested in any computer that is below a minimum resolution of 1920 × 1080. If you work much as hours it is important that they have the matte screen, that is, without reflections. This will prevent your eyes from becoming fatigued and you will see the screen better with the changes of light. In any case, it is not something that can not be solved with a matte film specific to the screen.
You have to use an SSD disk. There is no more to say is this topic. If you do not have it installed you are already late. I would almost dare to say that of all the components of the computer this is perhaps the one that gives the most sense of speed to the average user. SSDs with respect to HDDs have no moving parts, are faster in reading and write speed, consume less, fail less, make less noise, emit less heat. Anyway, as you see, all the advantages.
They are a bit more expensive than the traditional ones, but they are totally worth it If you exceed your budget (high capacity SSDs are still a bit expensive), we can install 2 disks:
1 SSD disk of about 120 GB for the operating system
1 HDD disk of 1TB to be used as a warehouse
It is necessary to be conscious that the indications of the manufacturers in this respect never usually are fulfilled reason why to the time of autonomy that the machine indicates to you aplícale a more realistic correction coefficient.
On the other hand, you should analyze your needs in this regard since if you will almost always have it connected to the current, maybe the battery is not so important.
A keyboard type chiclet (or chocolate), those that have the “rubber touch”. They are more pleasant to use and possibly faster.
USB ports and connections
I would consider a minimum of 3 USB connections, one for the mouse, yes and yes, and another two for connecting a USB key and another accessory such as a mobile phone or similar. If they can be more, better.
And in regard to the card reader ?, With an SD card slot for photographs or data is enough. In any case, if you need another entry, you can always solve it with a temporary adapter.