The choice of detergent for our washing machine, when we do not have any good reference, is not always as easy as it might seem, and even less considering the wide range of brands available today. Anyway, there are certain characteristics that every good detergent should have, then we talk about them.
The most important thing is that you consider how much active material it contains; that is, of all the substance that makes up the detergent, how much is the one that really washes. To understand this in a simple way, we could say that the active matter (responsible for cleaning the dirt) is less than 30% of the mixture that we see; the rest of the substance are mixing liquids that give volume to the detergent.
Top10 Laundry Detergent
- Tide PODS consist of up to 90% active ingredients, so you can be sure that you're paying for clean not for...
- 10x the cleaning power* (*Stain Removal of 1 dose vs. 10X doses of the leading liquid bargain brand)
- Amazing Tide clean from America's #1 selling detergent
- This liquid laundry detergent is the Tide you love, now with 10x the cleaning power
- Safe for the whole family, these hypoallergenic single-use Mighty Pacs are gentle on skin.
- 100% free of perfumes and dyes and unscented, all Free Clear cleans your clothes without leaving irritating...
- Detergent, Baking Soda and 2 Types of OxiClean Stain Fighters All in One Powerful Pak!
- Ultra Concentrated Micro-Crystals Formula.
- 1st bio-based detergent with the cleaning power of Tide (65% bio-based)
- USDA Certified Tide liquid laundry detergent
- Powerful triple-enzyme formula fights tough stains
- Free & Clear hypoallergenic laundry detergent made for sensitive skin
- Gain Flings and Tide Pods are America's favorite laundry pacs
- 2x the cleaning ingredients vs Gain Original Scent liquid laundry detergent
- Liquid laundry detergent with 6X cleaning power in half the time. (1 dose of tide he turbo clean in quick...
- A convenient, easy to use pouch that uses 60% less packaging and lets you reuse your empty tide bottle....
- HE Turbo Clean technology gives you 6x cleaning power in the quick cycle vs. next leading detergent in normal...
- Specially designed for HE machines - #1 recommended by washer manufacturers1 (1based on co-marketing...
- Powerful detergent for an exceptional deep clean
- Great for everyday laundry and to fight tough stains
Note for liquid versions
- The soap will be lumpy, sticky and gelatinous. This is normal. Just shake well before each use. Be sure to cover the soap with a lid when it is not in use. You can also pour the soap into old, clean detergent bottles and shake well before each use.
- You can add 10 to 15 drops of essential oil (per 2 gallons) to your household detergent. Add once the soap has cooled to room temperature. Stir well and cover. Some ideas for essential oils are: lavender, rosemary, tea tree oil.
- For the bar soaps required in the recipes, you could try Fels-Naphtha, Ivory soap, or Castilla soap bars. Do not use very perfumed soaps.
- Washing soda and borax can commonly be found in laundries and cleaning departments.
- Although several of the recipes have the same ingredients, the measures are different, some contain more soap than water. Test and see which one works best for your needs.
- Also see Homemade fabric softener recipes .