To choose the best mattress that guarantees your rest and health of your back you should not only look at the price but in that its properties fit your needs. The quality of materials is important, but no manufacturer or store will ever admit that their mattresses are bad or uncomfortable.
They all try to sell that their mattresses “guarantee a restful sleep”, “they present an outstanding ergonomics” or “they ensure the correct support for your back”, among other wonders.
Top 10 Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Revitalize an existing mattress with two inches of plush memory foam that conforms to your curves and hugs you...
- Infused with temperature regulating gel beads that capture and dissipate heat to help prevent overheating
- Plush 3-inch memory foam topper is infused with gel to help regulate temperature so this topper sleeps cooler...
- Light and breathable open cell memory foam conforms to the curves of your body, aligns the spine, and relieves...
- 4 inches of thick, plush gel memory foam add a soft and conforming feel that will result in a deeper sink that...
- Infused with gel material that captures and distributes heat for a cooler memory foam experience
- 3" of ventilated gel memory foam adds softness and pressure-relieving comfort to your mattress
- Special memory foam formula is extremely soft, airy and responsive
- 2-inch memory foam mattress topper with five body zones to maximize comfort
- Memory foam is infused with the relaxing scent of lavender and textured to improve breathability
- 3 inch thick memory foam mattress topper adds softness and comfort to an existing mattress
- Memory foam infused with lavender scent, known for its natural calming and relaxation benefits
- HIGH DENSITY, PRESSURE RELIEVING COMFORT: 2.5 inches of gel-infused memory foam and 1.5 inches of fluffy down...
- MADE IN AMERICA CertiPUR-US COOL GEL-INFUSED MEMORY FOAM: Our American-made, unique, and responsive...
- Plush, therapeutic memory foam helps eliminate pressure point pain
- Memory foam supports lower back, allowing spine to stay neutral
- COOL AND COMFORTABLE WHILE YOU SLEEP- Our revolutionary gel-infused memory foam topper is engineered to...
- HELPS PREVENT BODY ACHES CAUSED BY "SINKING"- Our unique gel-infused, 3-inch, high-density memory foam formula...
- 2-inch memory foam adds much softness and pressure-relieving comfort to your mattress
- Infused with gel material that captures and distributes heat for a cooler memory foam experience, keeping you...
Your choice should be based on 2 fundamental aspects:
The properties of each material (or the combination of several),
they will make the mattress more suitable for a double bed, for an individual one, to feel an enveloping sensation or for people who move a lot.
- For example, latex stands out for its flexibility and is ideal for articulated beds. It is also the only material in which mites are unable to nest, so it is a good choice if you suffer from asthma or dust allergy.
- On the other hand, mattresses with pocket springs present good independence of beds and facilitate air circulation, and are a good option for double beds and hot people.
Depending on the position in which you sleep and your weight, you will need more or less support.
For example, if you usually sleep on your back or have a high weight, you should choose a firmer mattress, while thin people will appreciate a low or intermediate firmness that provides good support without being uncomfortable. Next, you will find the ten best mattress models in relation quality-price according to their characteristics and user profile.
MATTRESSES: HOW TO CHOOSE WITHOUT MAKING A MISTAKE?
It’s one thing to sleep and another to rest well. We all know what it is to wake up with the feeling that a bus has passed over us: with a sore back, in a bad mood, recovering from bad posture …
Discarding other health problems, it is very possible that the difficulties to recover during the night are due to an inadequate mattress: old and deformed, with the upholstery in unhealthy conditions (that is, with a battalion of mites) or with an irregular firmness.
Grosso modo, we can establish four types of hardness:
They are recommended for very voluminous people or for special cases, for example, an articulated bed for geriatric use or also if the doctor prescribes it for some therapeutic reason. They are not usually, therefore, recommended if there is no reason. The reason is that prolonged use, when not necessary, can lead to back problems.
As its name indicates, the firmness with a greater range of adaptability. For weight in a wide range, recommended for most physical constitutions. If the mattress is of good quality, they must support the weight in the different areas of the body, ensuring the correct position of the column.
In principle, they would only be recommendable for “lightweights”, since if not the pressure on shoulders and hips can end up the happening invoice to us.
We include a section for mattresses with a high degree of adaptability and that can be used by people of any weight. Some brands have developed technologies that regulate the sinking of the body progressively and, therefore, can be comfortable for any user regardless of their physical constitution.
WITH SPRINGS OR WITHOUT SPRINGS
To begin with, it must be said that the spring mattress of your great-aunt’s house, the one in which you notice when you lie down and intuitively avoid it, belongs to another generation.
Spring mattresses, today, are very sophisticated. They come protected and assembled in different ways to ensure a long life without deformation.
The most normal thing today is that a mattress is made of several layers of different materials, whose combination determines the final result and is in some way what differentiates some houses from others and some qualities from others.
So when we talk about materials the usual thing is that we are going to refer to the core of the mattress, the central part that holds the structure and that gives it its particular characteristics.
It is very flexible and low firmness, which is why it is very common in articulated beds. It has a nice touch and good adaptability. If you prefer natural materials it may be your choice (as long as you choose a natural latex!).
Its main against is its low breathability, which some manufacturers solve by giving the material specific treatments. Good ventilation is essential, so it is recommended to use them in beds with slatted beds that allow air circulation.
We are not referring to aesthetics, but to the composition. Notice that it ensures good breathability and some thermal regulation. That is, it expels the heat accumulated by the contact between the body and the mattress, especially if you rest on a thick layer of viscoelastic foam in which you sleep a sunken pellet.
SHOULD WE ROTATE IT ACCORDING TO THE SEASON?
This is becoming less common, but it is still found. These are mattresses with a winter and summer face. There are even some that rotate longitudinally so that the pressure varies and ages in a balanced way.
Note that this seems obvious but it is not so obvious. We usually have enough control of the width we need, because it is also conditioned by the available space, whether we sleep alone or as a couple, or the type of mattress we have.
But do not forget to watch the long one. The most usual measure is 1.90, but you can find mattresses of two meters and up to 2.20.
Yes, mattresses have it, or should have it. Check it. Some manufacturers are so sure of your product that they will offer you up to 10 years, which is the average time of life of a mattress or at least the standard that is handled in the sector.
Without getting so much, we do not recommend buying a product that does not offer you anything. At least two or three years of guarantee to sleep peacefully (in the most literal sense)