Drowning is a major cause of death with its rate even surpassing road accident deaths in recent years. We all want to protect our children and prevent them from becoming part of these statistics, and luckily, there are measures that you can take. One of these measures is to get the best pool alarm for your swimming pool.
By adding this small but effective device to your pool, you can be notified the second your children enter the pool compound. And that might be the difference between death and life. In this post, we will look at the best pool alarms for your swimming pool and how you can easily choose the best for your facility.
Top 10 Pool Alarms
- FALL ALERT - Lifebuoy is designed to sound an alarm when a person or pet falls into water. Multiple sensors...
- SWIM MODE - The lifebuoy pool alarm is smart - After 10 minutes of absence of movement, the system will...
- Meets UL standards for Child Pool Safety Law
- Includes extra set of sensors and bypass reset button for use on both sliding glass doors and screen doors
- Alarm Will Sound if Tampered with or Your Child Tries to Remove it
- Comes with a Remote Receiver Which Can Be Mounted in Your Home Up to 200 feet from the Main Unit
- NSF Certified to ASTM Standard F2208
- Made in the USA
- Ideal for both in-ground and above-ground pools
- The PA-30 is easy to install and convenient to use
- NSF Certified to the ASTM Standard F2208
- Made in the USA; The Poolguard "Safety Buoy" comes with an in house remote receiver that has a range up to 200...
- Not backward compatible. Will not work with old B102 Station
- No programming - Just plug and go
- Door alarm is triggered by magnetic sensor, suitable for windows and doors when opening, the alarm host makes...
- Wireless door alarm with 110 dB loud alarm sound can help to deter the intruder, wake or alert you if at home...
- Always On Device as Required by Barrier Codes
- Alarm Goes Off Immediately When Triggered as Required by Barrier Codes
- Not backward compatible. Will not work with old T101 bands.
- Cute design makes kids want to wear!
Things to Consider When Choosing Pool Alarm
Since there are hundreds of pool alarms out there, there are some factors that you need to consider when choosing the ideal model for your pool.
Mode of Setup
This is the main factor that you should consider when purchasing your swimming pool alarm. Different alarms have different modes of installation and setup. Some are recommended for above ground pools while others are perfect for inground pools.
Some are worn as bracelets; others are left floating on the pool, while others are fixed on the gate or wall. Get the model that fulfills your need.
You need to buy an alarm that you can easily hear when it goes off from afar. Therefore, get a device that is loud enough. However, the alarm you get should not be extremely loud such that it disturbs or irritates other people.
The other thing that your gadget should have is at least 2 alarms. This makes it easier for you to hear the sirens and run to the pool before tragedy can occur.
For devices that have two alarms, they usually have a receiver. The receiver works within a certain range. So, ensure that the gadget you buy offer the required range – will depend on your pool and house location.
Moreover, the unit you purchase should deliver when it comes to quality. The gadget should offer value for the money. Hence, pick a top quality model from a trustworthy brand.
The price usually varies from one model to the other and from one brand to the other. Take your time and find out which model is within your set budget; the one that also provides you with the desired features.