Nowadays, it is very common to want to give your hairstyle with a dress or just want to change your head from time to time for fun. Thanks to the straightener, you will be able to satisfy all your desires in the comfort of your bathroom without having the need to go to a hair salon.
Top 10 Flat Iron
- Use with fine to coarse hair to Straighten, Flip and Curl
- 1 inch solid ceramic tourmaline plates and advanced infrared heat technology
- Titanium flat iron use the advanced MCH ceramic heater and far-infrared technology can release negative ions...
- Adjustable temperature fit all hair types: 270F-320F suit for fragile hair, 330F-380F for damaged hair,...
- 1.75-inch special floating plate hair flat iron .Full contact and snag free when straightening hair .
- Titanium made hair straightener iron provide even distribution of heat.Leaves your hair shiny and silk smooth.
- 【 ONLY ONE STEP 】FURIDEN professional hair straightening with directional switch new design, only one step...
- 【 LESS TIME 】FURIDEN best flat iron with MCH, a new heating standard for hair appliance. This flat iron...
- 1" XL Advanced Ionic Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron for Brilliant Shine
- 400 Degree F Professional High Heat
- Ultra-smooth titanium plates conduct ultra-high heat and resist corrosion
- Ceramic heater instant heat & recovery
- Get shiny smooth results with the INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic 1-inch Flat Iron
- 1-inch floating plate for better contact with hair; extra-long plates for quicker styling
- Professional salon model
- Color coded temperature ranges and preset recommended temperatures
- Professional salon model hair styling iron
- 1" ceramic plates for easy glide
- ♥1.75 inch Ultimate Titanium made plates provide even distribution of heat.Leaves your hair shiny and silk...
- ♥Key Press style flat iron and curl iron 2 in 1 tool with LCD display,full contact and snag free when...
7 purchase criteria for a hair straightener
Although it sounds simple, the choice of a hair straightener depends on several criteria as a bad choice to have very negative effects on your hair fiber. For example dull hair, frizz, dry hair or well-burned hair. It is therefore imperative to choose your straightener! Here are 7 criteria to consider:
- The coating of the device
- The technology of the device
- The size of the plates
- The temperatures
- The heating time
- The length of the cord
- The brand
Your hair type
With the wide selection of hair straighteners available on the market, it is very difficult to know which model will be suitable for your hair type. The vast majority of women’s hair types fall into one of the four categories I am telling you below. Determine which category you are in to find out which type of hair straightener is best for you.
Fine hair, slightly wavy. If you have fine hair that tends to wiggle slightly with frizz, you will not need a hair straightener with a high-temperature level. Go for a model with very smooth ceramic plates that will help you fight frizz without any risk of damaging your hair.
Curly fine hair. If your hair is thin but very curly, you will have to choose a hair straightener that has a wide temperature range so you can select the temperature that will work best for your particular texture and density mix. Go to a model equipped with tourmaline or titanium hotplates, which will not cling to your evil curls.
Thick hair slightly wavy. Even if you only have a few ripples or small curls to tame, thick hair requires more heat than fine hair. You’ll have to turn to a model with different temperature settings with wider heating plates that will more effectively diffuse heat over a larger portion of your wicks so the high heat does not damage your hair.
Thick, curly or frizzy hair. If your hair belongs to this category, nothing is lost! You will just have to select a hair straightener that offers both high heat and optimal protection for your hair. This type of hair is also subject to frizz, which is important to consider in your research. A straightener with large ceramic hob with an ionic function to prevent frizz, offering a heat setting up to 200-230 degrees would be ideal for you. A steam straightener is also a solution to study, facilitating the smoothing of thick hair by preheating, and preserves the health and shine of hair even at very high temperatures.
The size of the plates
The straightener is equipped with two heating plates that will trap the locks of hair to achieve the smoothing by dragging them all along. The choice of plate size is very important depending on the length and type of hair you have. There are two different families.
The first type of plate is short and thin (6-8 cm long and 2.5 cm wide). These models are particularly suitable for smoothing short hair (25 cm maximum) but also used to make waves or even loops if you stuck a wick and you wrap it around the iron as you would with a curling iron.
The second type of heating plate is quite long and has a larger width (length greater than 10 cm and a width ranging from 2.5 to 4 cm or a little more for some models). Models of this type are perfect for medium to long hair, more difficult to smooth with thin plates. They offer a better grip and allow to smooth larger wicks, reducing the execution time considerably. If you have long, thick hair, you will have no choice but to choose a wide-plate hair straightener.
The coating of the hotplates
Apart from the size of the plates, there are different types of materials used for the manufacture thereof. In order to make the best decision about the choice of model, be sure to think about the density of your hair and the style you want to adopt. Here are the four types of plates:
Metal plates. Metal plates are the cheapest straightening irons and it’s not for nothing. This type of plate is simply to avoid because very harmful to your hair. For starters, they heat up very slowly, which means you’ll spend more time waiting for them to be hot than styling. Then, they tend not to heat evenly, creating hot spots on the plates that can burn hair. To end this warning, you should also know that the metal plates are usually covered with paint that will peel over time, inevitably catching your hair and damaging them. This kind of straightener is to be avoided at all cost!
The ceramic plates. Straightening irons with ceramic plates are very popular because the plates heat evenly, avoiding the creation of hot spots that can damage your hair. These plates also heat very quickly, which means you can start smoothing your hair when you’re ready, not when your iron is. The ceramic coating protects your hair against aggressions and gives them a natural shiny appearance.
Titanium plates. A hair straightener with titanium plates is an excellent choice because it is very resistant but the real plus is that titanium is an extremely lightweight metal. A light straightener will prevent you from having a sore arm when you use it. Like ceramic or tourmaline, titanium heats very quickly in a perfectly uniform way. This natural metal maintains its heat in a very homogeneous way without any fluctuation which makes it much easier for you to use it safely on your hair. This type of plate will be suitable for all types of hair except those too damaged or colored.
It is generally advisable to opt for a variable straightener with a fairly wide temperature range. The most advanced models offer temperatures ranging from 65 to 235 degrees, usable on all types of hair. You will then have the opportunity to raise the temperature gradually to find the one that will give the best result without the risk of damaging your hair.
Here are the recommended temperature ranges for the different types of hair:
- Fine, fragile or damaged hair = 80 ° / 150 °
- Normal, fine or soft hair = 150 ° / 170 °
- Wavy, curly or very curly hair = 170 ° / 190 °
- Kinky or Afro hair = 190 ° / 230 °
- Brazilian smoothing = over 230 °
The benefits of a hair straightener
If you have curly or wavy, thin or thick hair, using a straightener will give you the ability to temporarily change your hairstyle without having to spend money to do it in a hair salon.
Many hair straighteners will even help to remove the frizz that you tend to have after having combed your hair. Moving from a naturally curly hair to straight, shiny hair can completely change your look, taking only a little of your time.