Many accidents happen as people try to open beverages’ and foods’ cans using the wrong tools such as knives-this should not happen for there a variety of safe can openers that cost very little. So, due to a number of injuries I have gotten in the past I have used, reviewed several can openers so as to get the best electric can opener 2019.
Top 10 Handheld Can Opener
- Manual can opener locks onto cans of all sizes for safe and efficient opening
- Smooth turning, stainless-steel cutting mechanism opens cans in seconds
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADE: The KitchenAid Can Opener is made from strong stainless steel that will easily puncture...
- EASY TO TURN: An oversized, easy to grip turn knob allows for opening cans with ease
- Large, comfortable handles take the pain out of opening cans
- Features big, cushioned handles for a non-slip grip, even when wet
- QUALITY DESIGN: Our manual, gear driven can opener features a heavy duty swing design, made of heavy gauge...
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Unlike bulky electronic can openers that can be difficult to transport & require a power source,...
- Compact Design Easily opens any size can, and allows for easy storage
- Technology allows for seamless open, decreasing the hazards of dangerous sharp edges
- High quality material. Made from high quality food-safe Stainless Steel. Cutting blade is under heat treatment...
- Fast cutting. The blade is very sharp to easily cut open the lid of cans of all sizes in seconds, leaving no...
- 【MANUAL CAN OPENER】 Unlike most others on the market,Our manual can opener made of high quality 304...
- 【SMOOTH EDGE】 Can opener ultra sharp blades guaranteeing perfect, efficient operation, every time!...
- 1. No Sharp Edges:Perfect for individuals with arthritis or hand pain, requires no manual labor.
- 2. Effortlessly opens cans of any size at the push of a button. Please be noted that the can top / the blade...
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADE: The cutting blade is made from strong stainless steel that will easily puncture and...
- EASY TO TURN KNOB: An oversized, easy to grip turn knob allows for opening of cans with ease; includes a...
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN--- The can opener is equipped with a soft long handle and a large turning knob. Ensure quick...
- NO SHARPE EDGES--- The serrated edge cutting wheel with a safety mechanism that prevents sharp edges. This...
Electric Can Opener Buyers Guide
- Pricing should be a key factor in buying the best electric can opener 2019. The price must be reasonable compared to the features that come with the can opener. However, never over-go quality for cheaper prices. Always remember that cheap is expensive over a long time. The best price electric can opener should cater to all people and can sizes.
- The can opener select must match the kitchen space available on your counters and storage areas. The electric can opener Australia should be portable to cater for travel and outdoor uses.
- You must consider the cleaning and maintenance ease. The more complicated device will add a cost to you as specialized attention will be sort. The device must be easy to dismantle and assemble back.
- Always go for the electric can opener that has guarantees and longer warranty periods. The longer the period, the more the manufacturer is sure of its quality.
- For there are different kinds of users, adults, the elderly and the sick such as those with arthritis and injured hands, choose an opener such as bladeless electric can opener which does not require much force to cut the tin.
After a thorough review of can openers available for purchase on Amazon, we selected can openers that met or exceeded the expectations in the following categories: quality of cut, durability, pricing, rust resistance, versatility and customer feedback. A point was awarded for each category, and the top ten highest scores moved into the next round. Next, we tested the top 10 can openers to determine the best of the best, based on overall performance. A majority vote by a panel of expert judges helped determine the final ranking.
Each can opener has undergone the test of opening cans ranging from standard to commercial-sized #10 cans. If openers were not equipped for use on larger cans, then accordingly, we did not attempt to test them under those conditions. However, they were marked down for those deficiencies.
Additionally, using the provided cleaning instructions as the basis for scoring and testing measures, we waited one week to check for any signs of rusting.
Open Says Me
When shopping for a can-opener, you want something that makes opening cans easy, yes? This is most important and seems easy enough, but when presented with your many options, it can be overwhelming. You have the manual opener, which can be the old-fashion crank or the turn knob styles we’ve all grown accustomed to. Then, there’s the reliable electric can opener, which now also comes in a size to fit snugly inside of your palm to accommodate whether you are right, or left-handed.
During our research, we found that can openers don’t just open cans anymore. They lift lids, the lock into place and they cut from the sides and now they come with accessories. Below are can opener features you may or may not be aware, that you should consider when choosing your selection.
Can Opener Features
|Locking mechanism||Locks onto the can, for no-slip, clean cut|
|Lid-lift/Lid-gripper||Removes the lid|
|Magnet||Attracts to the lid to avoid it from falling inside after cutting|
|3-in-1||A can opener, a bottle opener, and a tin/jar opener|
|Hanging holes||Holes in the handles or anywhere on the unit for hanging storage|
|Side-cut||Cuts along the side of the can remove the whole top|
|Ergonomic||Designed to be used easily and safely|
|Reversible||When handles can be switched around for left-hand usage|
|Skip-proof||Cuts without gaps|
Some openers have extremely sharp blades that are exposed. Please exercise caution when storing your can openers, they are hazardous for children.
Be sure not to strain yourself if you feel any discomfort when using your can opener. Take breaks if necessary. If the condition persists, see a doctor or medical physician for advice.