There are many different options for hair styling tools available. One of the most versatile and useful styling tools is a hairdryer. There are a variety of hair dryers available from many different brands. Some hair dryers have basic features and are very affordable.
There are also options with advanced technology that works well for hair that needs special attention. When choosing the right hair dryer it can be helpful to do some research on the options and the features they offer. Hair dryers come at a wide range of price points which usually depends on the features they have. If you’re looking for a basic hair dryer there are many affordable options that can do basic drying.
Top 10 Blow Dryer
- Compact and lightweight design, perfect for travel
- 2 heat/speed settings for drying and styling flexibility and control
- The Conair 1875 Watt Full Size Pro Hair Dryer creates less frizz and more shine with Ionic Technology
- Tourmaline Ceramic Technology provides uniform heat for fast drying and helps reduce heat damage
- Damage Protection Hair Dryer for Shiny, Healthy Hair
- 3X More Protection* with Advanced Coating Technology
- Original REVLON One Step Volumizer has NEW Features.
- The same Brush designed with Nylon Pin & Tufted Bristles for detangling, improved volume and control. Unique...
- INFRARED HEAT TECHNOLOGY for maximum shine, softness and control
- Tourmaline IONIC TECHNOLOGY reduces frizz and enhances shine
- Dry your hair like a pro with the Infiniti Pro by Conair 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Hair Dryer. With...
- Ionic technology for smooth, shiny-looking hair and up to 75% less frizz - and - Ceramic Technology provides...
- Additional accessories: double layered detangling comb, single layered detangling comb, a concentrator and a...
- Tourmaline Ceramic Technology gives off negative ions to achieve healthier looking hair that counteracts frizz...
- Instant cool shot button
- Instant cool shot button.
- ✔ ADVANCED IONS GENERATOR BUILT-IN - Our breakthrough is to use turbo to speed up transferring ten times...
- ✔ THE PERFECT HAIR STYLING TOOL FOR HAIR STYLISTS - The new upgraded 2200W DC motor providing powerful...
- Helps prevent extreme heat damage to protect natural shine. Air temperature is measured 20 times every second,...
- Ultra-fast drying. For fast drying you need controlled, high velocity airflow. Rated power- 1600w
Why Trust Us?
We’ve tested dozens of hair dryers since 2013, and our reviews involve much more than blowing hot air. In our most recent testing, we spent more than 40 hours examining and using 10 hair dryers, and our testing panel included volunteers with a variety of hair types, including fine, straight, thick and curly hair.
How We Tested
After researching more than 25 hair dryers, we narrowed our list to 10, and we purchased these blowers for testing in our lab. Our testing panel included both men and women, and we used gadgets like wind funnels, decibel meters, and temperature gauges to get accurate readings on specifications such as airspeed, loudness and temperature ranges. We also weighed each hair dryer, measured and examined its cord, assessed its safety features and evaluated its balance and grip.
How to Choose the Best Hairdryer
Choosing the best hair dryer depends on factors such as your hair type, your hairstyle, and your budget. Quality is also important to consider, and it’s easy to get lost in descriptions of advanced heating technologies, styling instructions and product recommendations. Picking the right hair dryer is a personal, sometimes complicated decision
You can find hairdryers intended for home use ranging in price from $7 to $700, though most people plan to spend between $20 and $100. Researching high-quality, affordable options, we selected hair dryers for our review priced between $17.99 and $155.
Wattage & Heating Technology
A hair dryer’s power is determined by its wattage. We tested blowers ranging from 1,500 to 2,000 watts, and experts recommend choosing a device with 1,800 watts or more for the best results, especially if you have thick hair. Salon models often have 3,600 watts. This higher power comes with a much higher price tag, but it can cut drying time in half. This is important because less exposure to heat results in less damage to your hair. Also, higher-wattage dryers typically last longer.
Features & Accessories
All the hair dryers we tested have multiple heat and air speed settings, along with the following accessories and features:
- Concentrators direct air to a focused section of your hair to provide faster drying times and help with straightening.
- Diffusers are used to distribute airflow and can reduce frizz and define curl.
- Cool shot buttons provide a blast of unheated air to help seal the hair cuticle and set your style.
Some hair dryers come with additional accessories like straightening combs, quick-dry nozzles and sectioning clips. Other things to look for include removable end caps and air filters for easy cleaning, longer cords for more mobility and a good weight balance for comfortable handling. We also recommend considering the placement of control switches and buttons and getting a feel for your preferred grip type.
Some hair dryers have multiple heat settings, and you should pick the temperature you use based on your hair type and the style you’re trying to achieve. It’s import to use the correct temperature to limit damage to your locks. You should use the lowest heat setting possible if you have fine hair, as it’s more prone to breaking. Breakage becomes even more of an issue when fine hair is heated up. Even if you have really thick hair, you most likely shouldn’t use the highest heat setting available. When drying your hair, slow and steady is the best way to go.
Most hair dryers also come with a button that shoots a blast of cold air when pressed. According to the Huffington Post, this button should be used once your hair is about 80 percent dry. Using the cold air seals the hair cuticle and makes the final look last longer and shinier. That way, you can get your hair completely dry without frying it.
Warranty & Support
The hair dryers in our review have warranties ranging in length from one to four years, with two years being average. If you need customer service, most companies offer email and telephone support, and some offer live chat as well.