Do you struggle to find your keys when you are in a hurry? Even though they are so small, keys are extremely important. Not being able to locate your keys when you need them can make you late for work, meetings, and other appointments.
So, what’s the solution?
Picking up the best key finder will mean that this will never be a problem ever again. This particular device can be attached to a set of keys or other items and activated via Bluetooth technology. This handy gadget comes in a number of different styles, so, let’s check out the most popular options and find the best key finder for you.
Top 10 Key Finder
- Ring your things: Use your smartphone to make your Tile Mate ring when it's nearby but out of sight
- Find your phone: Can't find your phone? Simply double press the Tile button on your Tile Mate to make your...
- Loud, extremely durable, operates up to 300 feet, and battery lasts up to 18 months
- Includes two KeyRingers - either KeyRinger calls the other
- Ring it, find it: Tile Sport has a 200 ft. range -that's 2X our current Tiles. Plus, it's even louder than...
- Find your phone: Double tap the button on your Tile Sport and your phone will begin to ring -even on silent,...
- Ring your things: Use your smartphone to make your Tile Pro ring when it's nearby but out of sight
- Find your phone: Can't find your phone? Simply double press the Tile button on your Tile Pro to make your...
- JOIN THE MILLIONS OF TRUSTED ESKY USERS AROUND THE WORLD
- 6 KEY FINDERS: attach the receives to any 6 items and simply press the color-coded buttons to locate them....
- 【Long Locating Range】Designed with Radio frequency technology, this key finder can track your item up to...
- 【2 Ways to Alarm】There are 2 ways to leading you to your lost item at the same time. When you press the...
- Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that finds your phone, keys, and anything you don't want...
- Attach a Tile to an item and locate it by sound, by seeing its last known location on a map, or by marking it...
- 【POWERFUL SOUND & LONG DISTNACE RANGE】The beeping sound of Key Finder up to 80db and 100ft wireless range...
- 【UPGRADE QUALITY BATTERIES】WOSPORTS Key Tracker ! 6 batteries included! Life up to 6-12 months with an...
- JOIN THE MILLIONS OF TRUSTED ESKY USERS AROUND THE WORLD
- 4 KEY FINDERS: attach the receives to any 4 items and simply press the color-coded buttons to locate them....
- PORTABLE & Size, Available in 4 stylish colors. Key finder. Wallet finder. Bag finder. Umbrella finder. Nut...
- SIX FUNCTIONS IN ONE: One Touch Find/Find Your Phone/Smart Anti-loss/Left Phone Alert/Lost & Found...
Best Key Finder Buying Guide
Key finders come in a wide range of different styles, from basic and easy to use to models that are packed with features. Ultimately, the product that you choose will depend on your specific needs. Here are some things to consider when searching for the best key finder.
Of course, it is important to choose a key finder that emits a sound loud enough to hear. People who are hard of hearing will need a key finder that emits a high decibel level. It is a good idea to choose a model that allows users to adjust the decibels to their needs.
The key finder should not be too large or bulky as it is designed to attach to a key ring. If the key finder is too heavy, it may be inconvenient to carry in a pocket.
Of course, you will want to choose a key finder that will not break as soon as it is dropped. The model should be made from touch plastic or another durable material so that it can withstand knocks and shocks.
The best key finder should last for a long time without having to replace the batteries. Many key finders come with rechargeable batteries, which helps to make sure that the product lasts even longer. It is best to avoid products where the batteries cannot be replaced or recharged.
Some key finders come as a set that can be connected to a wide range of items. This is a real bonus for people who are especially absent-minded. Choosing a key finder that can also keep track of wallets, phones, and other items is a real bonus.
Some models come with numerous extra features such as the ability to track Smartphones, Geofence, and digital leashing. These additional features may be useful for some people, while others may find them unnecessary and even overwhelming.
Important features to consider
Most people don’t think about buying a key finder unless they’ve had one too many panicked occurrences of their keys getting lost. This means that you probably already have a pretty good sense of what you want your key finder to do, based on the types of situations you’ll most likely be needing it.
Choosing a technology
We think that choosing a key finder technology is critical to ultimately making the right purchasing decision. There are a few different ways that key finders do what they do. Among our six finalists, there were three technologies being utilized: Bluetooth/RFID, radio frequencies, and audible receivers.
While there are disadvantages and advantages to each, we think the Bluetooth key finders offer the best solution overall. While there are certainly benefits and reasons to choose the other options, in general, we strongly recommend you start your search with one of the Bluetooth key finders and only move to radio or audible key finders if there is a specific reason for doing so.
Bluetooth key finder: All of the key finders we tested with accompanying smartphone apps used Bluetooth technology to operate. These included the Tile, VSF, and XY3 key finders. Bluetooth is advantageous because the connection between the key finder and smartphone is reciprocal. In other words, the smartphone can be used to find the key finder, and the key finder can also be used to find your smartphone.
Radiofrequency key finder: Radio frequency key finders use older and simpler technology to get the job done. Instead of communicating via Bluetooth, key finders come with an associated transmitter. The transmitter has one or more buttons on it which, when pressed, emit a radio signal that activates the key finder.
The most notable advantage of radio frequency key finders is the fact that they aren’t dependent on a smartphone, an app, Internet connectivity, or any other third-party element to function. Radio key finders are also very simple and straightforward to use — essentially just “click and ring”.
Audible key finder: The last key finder technology we tested seems to be rare in the key finder market, and was only found on one of our finalists: The KeyRingerXL. Audible key finders are unique in the sense that each unit in the pair function as both transmitter and receiver. That’s because the audible key finders work by emitting a loud and unique “chirp”. When the other key finder hears that chirp, it begins emitting its own chirp — no radio frequencies or Bluetooth syncing required.
Based on what we saw during testing, choosing which key finder technology to use is the most important consideration, largely because each technology has a direct and significant impact on the other considerations. That being said, there are a few specific considerations that are worth thinking about when choosing a key finder.
Geofencing capabilities: A key finder with geofencing has the capability of alerting you (on your smartphone, tablet, or Apple Watch) when you are moving out of range of the key finder (and your keys). It is a preventative way of reducing the chance you leave your keys somewhere without realizing it. If this is a feature you’re looking for, you’ll be limited to the VSF and XY3 key finders — our top pick, the Tile, does not yet have this capability.
Locating something other than keys: While the products are called “key finders” the reality is they can be used for a number of other uses as well. Some people have been known to keep a Tile in their car in order to make the car easier to find in a parking lot or when street parking in an urban downtown area. Key finders can also fit inside purses and backpacks, gym bags, or anything else you don’t want to lose.
Replaceable batteries: Another consideration you’ll want to think about is whether you want a key finder with replaceable batteries or one that needs to be replaced when the battery dies. Replaceable batteries extend the lifespan of a key finder, but key finders like the Tile don’t offer replaceable batteries.
Extended range: During our testing, we noticed a substantial difference between the range of our finalists. On the high end was the KeyRingerXL, which was able to reliably activate from a distance of 338 feet — longer than the length of a football field!