Life is too frenzied these days that it is always a good idea to take a breather from time to time. Among the still popular vacationing trends is the use of camper vans or recreational vehicles (RV) to travel. Nothing beats going on a vacation vehicle that combines good company, comfort, sightseeing, and convenience. The most popular RV model is said to be the travel trailer.
Top 10 Quality Travel Trailer
- Inline Design and Higher Flow Rate- Water filter stays aligned with water hose during use and has a wide body...
- One Filter Per Camping Season - Can last an entire camping season and has Granular Activated Carbon to provide...
- Conforming memory foam comfort and support for a refreshing night's sleep
- Mattress layers include: 2 inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Pressure Relieving Comfort Foam, and 4 inches...
- MADE IN THE USA - Lifetime Crimp Warranty! We believe these are the best 4 AWG battery cables on the market...
- Each COPPER battery cable set is professionally cut, crimped and heat shrunk with the utmost quality &...
- UNLIKE OTHER HAMMOCKS ours are made of high quality heavy duty 210T parachute nylon. This extra soft yet super...
- RELAX IMMEDIATELY W/SUPER FAST & EASY SET UP: Tree straps & carabiners are included w/this hammock making set...
- Pair of TruRyde 10" x 2 1/4" 5-4.5" bolt circle TruRyde hub and drums with parts (2 5/8" from center of one...
- Pair of TruRyde 10" x 2 1/4" self adjusting TruRyde electric backing plates
- MESH BAG - A high-quality reusable polyester mesh bag features ultra-strong 550 paracord drawstring. Perfect...
- DURABLE POLYESTER - Lightweight polyester has a natural resistance to moisture, UV rays, chemicals, and...
- 2-WAY RADIOS - These walkie-talkies feature 36 FRS (Family Radio Service) channels, along with channel scan to...
- 30-MILE RANGE - Longer range communication in open areas with little or no obstruction
- Compact and easy to use:
- High-tech: 19-bar high-pressure pump and fast heat-up system (in only a few seconds). easy insertion,...
- This highly durable foldable stool is made for kids and can hold up to 300 pounds. The dimensions of the...
- The stool is designed in a way to conserve space after it is folded up. All you have to do is to pull the...
- Mounts on the battery terminal stud
- Screw terminals for securing wires
The Perks Of Having an RV Travel Trailer
- The travel trailer is not a popular choice for nothing. It is more affordable than a self-motorized RV model. It essentially has equal amenities as the motorhome or fifth-wheel trailer.
- It is even smaller than self-motorized models. Despite being lightweight, it is designed to be heavy-duty. It can easily be towed by a regular minivan, pickup truck, or SUV.
- It can house as little as two to as many as a dozen people. And its exterior and interiors are customizable.
- It allows vacationers to recharge as well as to bond with their loved ones
- Family or friends on an RV enjoy each other’s company as they take in the sights of the countryside.
- They are able to share meals and drinks as they travel. They may also hold a feast under an expandable canopy while their RV is parked.
- Troopers aboard an RV on a very long road trip will not have to worry about finding a toilet.
Renting vs. Buying RV Travel Trailers
The cost of an RV is understandable hefty since it’s a multipurpose product. It combines transportation and lodging. A basic RV has a living space that consists of sleeping facilities, a bathroom, and a kitchen.
The more expensive RVs have upgraded interiors and appliances such as desks, television sets, satellite receptors, vanity closet, dining room, quartz countertops, hot tub, water heater, fireplace, washing machine, and air conditioning. Double-decker RVs can typically accommodate more people but are pricier.
Key Factors To Consider When Choosing an RV
But how can a family or individual determine which is the right travel trailer to buy? It may seem to be a simple question but it entails a lot of considerations. The most important things to look into are the following:
Size Of An RV Matters
Most travel trailers have lengths that are 18 feet to 25 feet. At least six people can fit in the average travel trailer. The maximum area of the usual travel trailer is 400 square feet. This makes a travel trailer not too small and not too big. The sample size allows for the presence of basic amenities. In addition, it is not too heavy to require a customized towing truck. The smallest travel trailer usually measures about 16 feet long. Two or three persons can sleep in such a trailer. This smaller model will do for small groups. The largest travel trailer, meanwhile, can be as long as 36 feet. Such size can be home to at least 12 people. This is perfect for large families.
Exteriors Of An RV
The customary selling points for a travel trailer are the appliances, amenities, and ambiance. Traditionally, not much is said the exterior surface of a travel trailer. However, it is important to note that the exterior factors are just as vital as the interior features of a travel trailer. After all, the exteriors can be an indication of sturdy the trailer is.
There is nothing wrong with asking about the materials used for the body of the travel trailer. It is also beneficial to check out the condition of the windows and roof. The color and feel of the trailer are valid considerations. But it is better to know if the finishing and coating can withstand severe weather conditions and rust.
Interiors Of An RV
With the towing vehicle and trailer exteriors out of the way, it is time to take a closer look at the interiors. This deserves meticulous deliberation because of the many factors that a prospective buyer has to look into.
There is no fixed set of amenities found inside a travel trailer. It all depends on the size and cost of the trailer model. The most basic components are a kitchenette, toilet and bath, and sleeping spaces.
Lounging space Of A Travel Trailer
Almost all travel trailers have a lounge space that features at least a couch. It is highly recommended that the couch can double as a sleeping space. It can either have a pull-out bed or have a corner sofa bed design. It can also have a storage function for bed linens and blankets. The upholstery and size of couches differ depending on the trailer model. An owner can alter the design of the couch if he wishes.
Entertainment hubs In Travel Trailers
A homey lounge space will surely be beefed up by a cool entertainment system. Having at least one television set is a must. Other more expensive travel trailers have at least two widescreen models. Some even have satellite television. A home entertainment system is another worthy add-on. A radio, CD player, or MP3 player can dish out tunes while a DVP player will show flicks or run a movie marathon.
Entertainment these days, of course, is closely connected to the Internet. This has already made connectivity an indispensable factor in travel trailers. There should be at least a connection for GPS, mobile Internet, or Wi-Fi.
Cooking and dining In A Travel Trailer
Good and hearty meals surely add to the enjoyment of a vacation. The cooking and dining options offered by a travel trailer have to be simple and stress-free. The kitchen must be spacious enough for one to move around as he prepares the food, cooks, and washes the utensils and dishes. There should be at least a stove, sink, and countertop. Other travel trailer models have a traditional oven or microwave oven. Some trailer types have a simple refrigerator or a double-door chiller.
Sleeping Space To Consider
The quality of sleep has got to be among the top priorities when choosing a travel trailer. The bedroom and its extension in the lounging area should be comfortable and conducive to slumber. Aside from the usual presence of a sofa bed, there is also a customary bedroom that can house two to eight people. This depends on the size of the travel trailer.
Toilet or Bathroom Considerations
The toilet must also have a considerable size so that vacationers will not feel cramped. The tendency of some travel trailer designers is that they downsize the toilet area in order to make room for more furniture. Ample space is needed for one to be able to move comfortably from the toilet to the sink and vice versa. Some trailers even have a shower. More space must be allocated for this.