There is no escaping dirty laundry, but a reliable washing machine that gently cleans clothes for years to come eases your load. Here’s how to find the best washing machine for your budget and needs.
Washers sell for around $275 to $2,500, depending on the type, capacity, and features. And while doing laundry may be a mundane task, the washer aisle is anything but boring. You’ll see multitasking machines that allow you to wash two loads at once, all-in-one front loaders that go straight into dryer mode, pod-dispensing front-loaders, built-in pretreat features, and more.
Top 10 Stackable Washer And Dryer
- Item includes room of choice delivery, unboxing, item hook-up (including required parts) and free optional...
- 1.6 cu. ft. washer with a Soft-Close Glass Lid designed to close gently.
- Clothes Washer/ Clothes Dryer/ Combo Unit; Splendide CLOTHES WASHER; 23-1/2 Inch Width x 32-7/8 Inch Height x...
- 13 Wash Cycles And 4 Special Wash Options Make Choosing The Right Cycle Easy. Automatic Water Level Control,...
- 3.9 Cu. Ft. Washer | 5.5 Cu. Ft. Electric Dryer
- 10 Wash Cycles | 3 Wash Temperatures
- Features super-sized, 4.0 cubic foot stainless steel drum
- Easy-Clean lint filter
- Washer Dryer Combo - All-in-One
- ☀『EASY ASSEMBLE』: Our washing machine does not need complicated installation. Just connect the power...
- ☀『RELIABLE CAPACITY』:Our washing machine has super capacity, cleaning 5 lbs, drying 5 lbs, to meet your...
- Tools & Home Improvement
- 2.3 Cu. Ft. Washer | 4.4 Cu. Ft. Electric Dryer
- 11 Wash Cycles | 6 Wash/Rinse Temperatures
- Clothes Washer/ Clothes Dryer/ Combo Unit; Splendide CLOTHES DRYER; 23-1/2 Inch Width x 32-3/4 Inch Height x...
- Features An Extra-Wide Opening Plus 3 Timed Drying Cycles And A Handy 'Auto' Cycle That Stops Automatically...
- 3.8 Cu. Ft. Washer | 5.9 Cu. Ft. Electric Dryer
- 11 Wash Cycles | 6 Wash/Rinse Temperatures
Washing Machine Types
Every type has its advantages and drawbacks. Do you prefer loading laundry from the top of a washing machine rather than bending to load a front-loader? A pedestal boosts a front-loader’s height—making loading easier—but you’ll pay $250 or more for the convenience.
Whatever you’re considering, know that washers with a capacity of more than 4.5 cubic feet readily fit a king-size comforter in our tests. And if the warranty matters, most tested full-sized machines come with a one-year warranty on parts and labor. Speed Queen, however, offers warranties ranging from three to seven years. You’ll see capacity and warranty information in our washing machine ratings.
A Stackable Washer/Dryer is a Great Choice
A stackable washer/dryer is a great addition to any home, especially those homes lacking space. These stackable options save you approximately a foot of floor space which, if you live in a small apartment or condo, is prime real estate these days! Conveniently and easily fitting into any space-large or small-you won’t find yourself squeezing around large, side by side washing machines with a stackable washer/dryer. Utilizing this vertical space is a great way to make sure your home stays comfortable and organized.
Samsung Appliance Stainless Platinum Front Load Laundry Pair
If you’re like me an prefer a front loading washer and dryer, then definitely check out this front loading stacked washer and dryer combo from GE.
Features for the Frontload Washer:
- Stainless steel basket
Long-lasting stainless steel finish resists rust and won’t chip, peel or snag clothes
- Internal water heater
Increases wash temperature to reduce bacteria and provide better cleaning for the really tough stains
- 1400 RPM spin speed
Fast spin speeds remove water efficiently and minimize dry time
- 5 wash/spin speed combinations
Speeds are matched to fabric type for great clothes care
Features for the Electric Dryer:
- Stainless steel drum
Resists rust and helps protect clothes
- 5 heat selections
Offer enhanced drying performance and fabric care
- HE Sensor Dry
Keep your clothes looking and feeling their best. Dual thermistors continually monitor the temperature with a sensor bar that measures moisture to prevent over-drying
- Multiple dry cycles
Deliver optimal drying results
- Cycle countdown display with LED indicators
Know exactly how much time is left for each cycle with bright display and lights
Consumer demands for washer/dryer options have grown and manufacturers have responded by making sure there is something to meet everyone’s needs. The heat source is, obviously, a key component when selecting a stackable washer/dryer and your choices need to stem from what your home is equipped with. Your two heat source options are electric and gas and the laundry room in your home will be the referee on which one you choose.
While you will likely find yourself succumbing to a higher price tag for these, it will save you money down the line while helping to care for the environment through reduced energy usage. If saving money and energy isn’t something that is of concern to you, there are still options on the market for traditional stackable washer/dryers.
Common Features Of Stackable Washer And Dryer
While there are a ton of features that stackable washer/dryers have to offer, some things tend to come standard with these space savers. Aside from the obvious capabilities-washing and drying-you also have the option for a front or top loader machine. Common sizes are 24-inch width or 27-inch width and a 70-inch height or 74-inch height. Front or top loading features are going to be a matter of preference, but you will want to double check the size of your laundry room to decide which size machine to go with.