Original American Recipe Although this has some relativity since, in the United States and Mexico, they can prepare this dish in many different ways, depending on the State or even, depending on the city, within the same State, in which you are. But nevertheless, we are going to prepare a recipe for chili con carne that is going to be American. That’s for sure. To make this chili con carne we will need these ingredients. It shouldn’t cost much to find them here in Spain.
Top 10 Chili Recipe
- The Chili Cookbook A History of the One Pot Classic with Cook off Worthy Recipes from Three Bean to Four Alarm...
- Robb Walsh
- Daniel Jones
- CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Al and Mildred Fischer
- SAVOUR PRESS
- Savour Press
- Heston Brown
- Kindle Edition
- Barbara Riddle
- Kindle Edition
- Tiffany Harelik
- Wise Kitchen Press
- Cook s Illustrated
- Cook's Illustrated
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Celine Steen, Joni Marie Newman
Today we prepare the famous recipe of chili with spicy meat, great to eat with nachos or to accompany rice or fried chicken. While the origins of chili con carne seem to be from Mexico with American influence, there is significant evidence that the original idea and recipe come from the Spanish conquerors who came to Mexico in the 16th century.
In fact, the development of chili (or chili, or chili con carne) takes place in Texas (the famous Tex-Mex food) and in the southwestern United States among Chicano people (of Mexican origin). They pronounce chili, chili, and chili the same in English. But the chili would be the hot pepper or the ground hot pepper that comes from those plants. Its origins come from Mexican spices where most Mexicans like spicy food.
- First, we diced the onion and pepper. put some olive oil in a pan or casserole and add the teaspoon of cumin.
2. A minute later we add the garlic and without letting it toast, add the onion and pepper.
3. When they start to get wet, add the meat and move it while cooking over medium/high heat.
4. If the meat is already loose, it is time to add the sweet and spicy paprika that we like the most. In this case, we have used cayenne powder.
5. We give it a few laps and proceed with the inclusion of the crushed tomato, a little water, and the red beans.
6. 30 minutes should simmer this mixture to finish the recipe.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion and 1/2 green pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 400gr of minced meat
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika or paprika
- Half teaspoon ground cayenne powder
- 400gr of crushed tomato
- 300gr of pre-cooked red beans