In general, rechargeable batteries are better than conventional single-use batteries. As we mentioned in our analysis of the best battery chargers, with a couple of times you use them, they will be more than amortized.
After many hours analyzing and testing the most notable alkaline batteries on the market, we have selected the ones that we consider best in terms of quality-price ratio so that, despite making an initial outlay somewhat larger than with conventional batteries, with the Time goes very well.
Top 10 Rechargeable Batteries
- Charges 2 or 4 AA or AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries at once (4 AA batteries included)
- State-of-the-art Charge Status Indicator system visually and audibly alerts on your batteries' charge levels
- Features sixteen-pack 2,000 mAh rechargeable AA batteries for digital cameras, remotes, and more
- Pre-charged and prepared to use out of the pack
- Recharge up to 2100 times
- Maintain up to 70% of their charge after 10 years (when not it use)
- Super Capacity - 2800mAh AA 1.2Volt & 1100mAh AAA 1.2Volt Ni-MH rechargeable batteries, the highest capacity...
- Storage Cases - every 4 batteries we packed in one professional battery storage case - carefulness &...
- Pack of 8 AA rechargeable batteries
- 1,000 recharge cycles
- 4-pack of Energizer Recharge Universal 2000 mAh NiMH AA rechargeable batteries. Storage Temperature: -20ºC to...
- The World's 1st rechargeable AA battery made with 4% recycled batteries. Energizer Recharge Universal...
- Note:Kindly verify user manual on charging issues. Item should be charged only on standard AC outlet.
- Recharge Value Charger charges 2 or 4 AA/AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries. Automatic safety shut-off when...
- Package: 8 Counts AA 2300mAh rechargeable batteries + 8 Counts AAA 800mAh rechargeable batteries.
- EBL add mix-protection additive to the negative pole of batteries, protect the material from degradation in...
- Lasts up to 2x Longer vs. Standard Alkaline batteries in digital cameras. Results may vary by camera
- Batteries Come Charged & Ready To Use - RAYOVAC Rechargeable Batteries are ready to use right out of the pack....
- Duracell AA Batteries: The Duracell Rechargeable Double A battery is designed for use in video game...
- Rechargeable Batteries: These powerful NiMH batteries work in any NiMH charger and you can recharge them up to...
Features of the rechargeable battery
At present, the technology regarding alkaline batteries has evolved a lot. The standard battery range has at least three times more capacity than cheap batteries for every charge you make. As we say, this has not always been the case but thanks to the latest LSD NiMH technology, the rechargeable ones withstand much more and get more performance at each load, retaining more time and being able to charge more times than was possible a few years ago.
It was Panasonic who, in 2005 reinvented the concept of rechargeable battery efficiently, tripling in capacity and doubling the capacity of the cycles, and with the characteristic of LSD batteries, which maintain their charge for years even if the battery is not used.
Panasonic states that its batteries can retain more than 80% of the battery capacity even three years after its last use. This means that we can always have in a drawer or emergency kit, a set of batteries charged for a long time for any situation that requires them.
As competition has also increased, the price of the rechargeable battery has dropped considerably compared to a few years ago. This makes it very viable to acquire rechargeable batteries instead of conventional ones, although their initial price, more expensive than conventional ones, continues to lead people to continue using disposables, without stopping to think that in three or four uses of rechargeable batteries. they will have amortized their price and even have the capacity for many more loads.
As a counterpoint and citing some negative feature of rechargeable ones, they need their time to charge. This means that we have to have some foresight when using them or always have a game loaded. We need to charge the batteries properly if we want to preserve their long-term performance. There are many fast charging modes that can get us out of trouble, but in the long run, using this mode will shorten the health of the batteries, making their capacity less and less.
What have we relied on to choose the best rechargeable batteries on the market?
A battery itself does not require much complexity in terms of design or performance. It is something basic with a predefined and clear purpose; Provide energy Having this clear we have analyzed many brands and models to find the best rechargeable batteries equipped with the highest capacity, life, price, and availability.
After an exhaustive search of different manufacturers and common uses, we have finally stayed with eight models of six different brands. There is a great variety in terms of battery technologies, but the ones that really replace conventional AA-type alkaline batteries are NiMH batteries (nickel-metal hydride) or AA hybrid batteries.
The two main specifications on which we have based when selecting has been the capacity (mAh) and the battery life cycle, which is basically the times we can charge the battery until it is deprecated. Ideally, these two specifications are the higher the better, but unfortunately, the reality is that the higher one of those values has, the lower the other will be and vice versa.
Maintenance and use of rechargeable batteries
It is advisable as an ideal complement for our batteries a good battery charger. The only thing you should keep in mind with these chargers is that we should not leave them once fully charged, so we avoid energy losses or possible overloads.
In the article where we analyzed different battery chargers we saw that they could charge each battery independently so we can mix different models and manufacturers without problem, although it will always be better to do it with them, since it is assumed that the result will be more balanced at there is no difference between a manufacturer’s battery and a different one.
We must be careful to overcharge the alkaline batteries, as this will lower the life cycles and will not last as long as it should. We have also commented previously that we should not abuse the fast charging mode since we will achieve the same effect; they will reduce their potency.