It doesn’t matter if it’s an apartment, a room, an office, a garage or a classroom: many times you are in a place that really needs to cool off, and that old standing fan makes more noise. It’s time to update your ventilation system, and the best window air conditioners are a much easier, faster and more accessible option than a split air conditioning installation. If you didn’t know, today’s window AC units are smarter and more efficient than ever, and now that the hot months are approaching (at least in the northern hemisphere) we have compiled the best in the market currently for you to choose conscientiously.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioners
- 3 Cooling & Fan Speeds with Auto Cool
- 4-Way Air Direction
- 5,000 BTU mini-compact air conditioner for window-mounted installation uses standard 115V electrical outlet...
- Quickly cools a room up to 150 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 1.1 pints per hour
- 10, 000 btu compact air conditioner for window-mounted installation uses standard 115V electrical outlet...
- Quickly cools a room up to 450 sq. Ft. With dehumidification up to 2.7 pints per hour
- Designed to cool rooms 450 sq. ft.
- 10,000 BTUs quickly cools a room; 3 fan speeds
- 8, 000 btu mini-compact air conditioner for window-mounted installation uses standard 115V electrical outlet...
- Quickly cools a room up to 350 sq. Ft. With dehumidification up to 1.7 pints per hour
- 2016 energy star: 12.0 energy efficiency Ratio (EER); Pulls 7.5 Amp
- 10,000 BTU compact air Conditioner for window-mounted installation
- 2016 energy star: 12.2 energy efficiency ratio (eer)
- 6, 000 btu mini-compact air conditioner for window-mounted installation
- COLD WINDOW AC for SMALL HOT ROOM - Heavy duty window-mounted air conditioner with 5000 BTUs of cooling power...
- WITH AIR CONDITIONER MOUNTING KIT - Electric window AC system comes with filter, support brackets, leaf...
- 3-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY - Midea's 3-in-1 technology combines air conditioning, dehumidification, and fan-only...
- FAST COOLING - This 6,000 BTU model provides fast and efficient cooling and dehumidification ideal for rooms...
- 5,000 BTU air conditioner for window-mounted installation
- Cools a room up to 150 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 1.3 pints per hour
Guide to buying a window air conditioner
If you are one of those who live in a hot city but they love having a cold house like a refrigerator, you will understand very well how important it is to have an efficient air conditioning system in your home, which keeps your family fresh and protected. We want to help you in the arduous task of choosing the best and most economical model, so we have prepared a brief guide to buy the best air conditioning were the most important features that you should take into account when buying one of These appliances.
Power and efficiency
Among the main features that you must take into account when choosing a new air conditioner is the power, since it largely determines how efficient the device is reaching the desired temperature, as well as using the energy resource. This point is very important, especially if we are aware of the environment or if we only seek to reduce our electricity bill.
To determine the power that the device needs to have in a way that is functional for you, it is essential to know the BTUs offered by the cooling unit. For this reason, it is very important that you incorporate energy efficiency technology and not generate high consumption. Air conditioning companies are increasingly aware of the environment, so they are striving to make appliances more efficient and respectful of natural resources.
Currently, most appliances and air conditioners incorporate an informative energy label that all interested users should look carefully before choosing, which reflects the degree of energy efficiency in classification from D, being the lowest, to A +++, that would be the best ranking of the list.
Versatility and manipulation
Normally, these appliances have intuitive control and easy access, so as to offer a better user experience when handling the unit. Similarly, we must bear in mind that the market offers us both models that must be installed on the wall, such as portable models, which can be easily moved around the house or office and do not require any type of installation.
The portable models incorporate practical pivoting wheels at the bottom, as well as handles or carrying handles, which facilitate the transfer of the air conditioning through the environments of your home. It is very grateful for the users that the product offers great versatility of use so that you can give an intensive and complete use to the air conditioning.
Being able to move the air conditioner easily and effortlessly is a plus if you have a large house or need to move the device from one room to another frequently. On the other hand, we recommend you to be attentive to its control and the extra functions that it integrates, such as intelligent connection systems with wireless devices. In this sense, you will find in the market, portable and integrated air conditioners that can be controlled from your mobile phone.
As in any comparison of air conditioners, the value of the BTU unit that the device has plays a major role in our decision, knowing that it measures the amount of heat that the device can extract from a room, turning it into the cold air and is expressed in British thermal units or BTU. It is very necessary to know this value before choosing a model for your home since it will determine its efficiency in reaching the desired temperature inside the room where you are going to install it.
In order for you to have a clearer idea of how many BTUs the air conditioner you are going to have should have so that it can cool the space efficiently, it is necessary to take into account the dimensions of the room where you are going to install it. With a small formula you can know the necessary BTUs: first, multiply the length by the width and the height of the room, the result is divided by two and the resulting value add three zeros.