Freezers in the kitchen are perfect for preserving the foods and ingredients you plan to use in the near future. However, people who have many items generally discover that their freezers will run out of space quickly. The vertical freezer connected to your refrigerator can handle occasional frozen meats, vegetables or waffles, but if you want more space, the only answer is a chest freezer. These freezers are independent units that increase the space available for use. With so many … MORE different options, things can be confusing when you’re looking for a new freezer to buy.
Top 10 Chest Freezers
- 7.2 cu.ft. interior capacity
- Environmentally friendly R600a refrigerant
- Removable storage basket for the smaller items you use the most | Easy-access defrost drain and easy-clean...
- Easy clean interior plate is much easier to clean than typical silicone/aluminum plates Removable storage...
- Mechanical Temperature Adjustment Ranges From -11.2' to 8.6' F
- Features Reversible Door that can Open from Left or Right. Cabinet Dimensions(H x W x D)- 33.9 x 19.7 x 18.5...
- Net capacity: 5.0cu.ft/142
- Single flip-up lid for easy access
- Chest Freezer with 5.1 Inch Cubic Foot Capacity
- Defrost Drain for Easy Cleaning
- Mechanical Control with Adjustable Thermostat from -12 to -28 Degrees (Great for Storing Frozen Food, Ice...
- Contains 1 Hanging Wire Storage Basket
- 【9.6 Cu. Ft. Capacity】This commercial chest freezer has an 9.6 cu. ft. capacity, making it perfect for...
- 【Insulated Hinged Lid】This unit's hinged lid provides easy access to the freezer's contents, allowing for...
- Model_Number - MCCF35W2
- Depth - 23.50
- Net capacity: 3.5cu.ft/99L
- Single flip-up lid for easy access
Available devices of different kinds of electricity consumption. When choosing classes “A” and “A +”, electricity consumption will be minimal. This is a more economical, but also more expensive technique. Class “B” and “C” devices are less economical but quite acceptable in cost and electricity consumption. The control system can be of the following types.
- Manual, In this case, the temperature and additional features are controlled by manual controls. As there are several modes, the configuration is done by turning the pointer to the required value.
- Electromechanics. A more convenient system to select the desired indicators, because thanks to the corresponding buttons, you can select the exact temperature and humidity value.
- E. There are often temperature controls, mode keys and color indicators. When the device is working, the indicator light is green, red is a sign of problems with the device, yellow is the activation of the quick freeze mode.
The defrosting structure can be of one of two types.
- Manual defrost. Once a year, the freezer shuts down, all products are unloaded, the device is disconnected from the network and the ice defrosting process continues, quite slowly and prolonged. Thawed water is collected in a container. This method is becoming less common.
- Automatic defrost. The devices are equipped with additional functions that make defrosting faster and less frequent, freeing up time for the hostess. Recently, models that do not need the function of defrosting products have entered the market.
Choose a freezer
Cabinets and lari are a good alternative to the refrigerator freezer, but what is best to choose depends not only on the hostess’ desire but also on many of the reasons explained below.
- If you want to buy a freezer, you should consider if place in the house because of its location. The Lari has large dimensions, take up a lot of useful space, and the cabinets are more compact and convenient, they can be built in kitchen furniture.
- Think about the volume of frozen products and compare with the volume of devices. The capacity of the cabinets is much smaller than the chests but much more than the freezers of a conventional refrigerator.
- Do not forget that freezers and cabinets are suitable for short-term storage, while GEL is suitable for long-term freezing. They have a low noise threshold and relatively low energy consumption.
The disadvantages of horizontal containers in styling products, and then removing them from there is not very convenient.
When choosing a freezer or a chest, you should know the additional functions of a device. This includes an alarm on an open door, the ability to transfer doors to the right side, special insurance for children (protection) and other innovations. And, of course, the choice depends on the financial possibilities. But effective freezers will pay more than the costs of acquiring them and will make life easier and safer, they will always allow fresh and frozen fruits, vegetables, meat, and fish products to be on the table.