The cabinets are very useful furniture in our home, where to store our everyday objects. That is why it is important to consider some aspects when acquiring a particular model, in order to choose the one that best suits our needs and budget. Among other aspects, we have to consider the size, compartments and interior spaces of the same, as well as it’s design and the materials of its construction. After reviewing the opinions of users on the Internet, we can recommend the Songmics RYG12B, made of steel and black fleece, which is 175 cm high, 150 cm wide and 45 cm deep, has a capacity of up to 51 kilos in total And it is very easy to assemble. We can also highlight the white Homfa MDF model, made of this high strength material, with a very nice white lacquer and a good interior space with drawer and door, in which to store everything you need.
Top 10 Closet Systems
- Fits any walk-in or reach-in closet with at least one wall 4-8 ft. wide
- Telescoping rods and expanding shelves adjust to add 22 ft. of shelving space and 12 ft. of hanging space
- Kit includes the Tower, 3 rods and 2 adjustable shelves
- Creates up to 120 inches of shelf space and 144 inches of Hanging space
- Measures approxiamtely: 40.29-inch H x 21.39-inch W x 15.91-inch D
- Features decorative trim on top and bottom
- This all-in-one kit has approximately 132 inches of hanging space and 216 inches of shelf space (includes 36...
- Configuration for 5 ft. to 8 ft. wide closets, shelving is 12 inches deep; Features 36 inch shoe shelf
- Includes tower with shelves, (3) expandable rods, (2) 16" W x 13" D x 10" H drawers and (3) top shelves with...
- Fits closets 6-feet to 9-feet wide; Creates up to 75-inches of shelf space and 144-inches of hanging space
- MODERN CLOSET: made up of frosted, translucent white doors with curly design and black panels with same curly...
- CREATIVE DESIGN cubes can be used separately, or they can be stacked and combined for a greater storage...
- Expandable closet organizer with 2 adjustable-width hanging rods that can be moved up/down in 1-inch...
- 10 adjustable-height shelves, 5 on either side; each shelf holds 100 pounds and can be raised/lowered in...
- This adjustable closet kit holds 240+ hanging clothes and 76+ folded clothes
- Configuration for 7ft. to 10ft. wide closets
- Includes tower with shelves, (3) expandable rods, (3) 25" W x 13" D x 10" H drawers, and (3) top shelves with...
- Fits closets 7-feet to 10-feet wide; Creates up to 264-inch of shelf space and 144-inch of hanging space
- Easy to install with NO tool
- Easy to organize
What is the best closet system in the market?
The closet is where we store our clothes and shoes, but also many other precious things for people are stored in this furniture that accompanies us practically for a lifetime. Therefore, when we buy a closet, we want to be sure of exactly what we need and with that objective, we have created this guide to buy the best closet in the current market. The idea is that you can make a good comparison of cabinets and finally manage to choose an economic one, but that fulfills its function well.
When we review what are the available options, we see that the list is very extensive. Making an attempt to classify the cabinets in some way, we could say that they are built-in, that is, within walls, and external ones that can have many shapes and sizes and can even be ordered to make the measure and design that the user prefers.
As there are so many options, this time we will try to emphasize external cabinets with good value for money. It is a quick and simple solution since they do not need complicated installations.
They are for example the folding cabinets, very fashionable at the moment for the practicality that they offer. They are usually steel and fleece structures with other synthetic fabrics, they are very easy to assemble and they come in many different sizes. It’s opening system is roller, using zippers and velcro.
But if you want to make a comparison of cabinets, the first thing is to think about the particular needs, since this will help us discard some models and select the one that best suits our requirements.
Size and shape
This in principle will depend on how much space we have in the room. For large rooms, there are large models, length and width, that can occupy entire walls, but if you live in a small space, a compact closet on the outside is more convenient, but spacious inside. There are also modular cabinets, included in several drawers with doors and drawers, for which you must have very precise measurements of the space and think about how the modules could be arranged depending on that space.
There are very simple models that include a single wide-area with the clothes hanging tube and underneath a pair of drawers. These are usually the most compact. For example, they could measure 1.80 meters high by 0.80 meters wide and have a depth of 0.60 meters. They are ideal for single people or couples living in small spaces.
Other larger models can be 2 meters high by 2 meters wide, combining spaces to hang clothes and small compartments for folded clothes and other objects that we usually store in the closet. Of course, they are suitable for larger rooms.
Remember that the most important thing will be your ability to organize your things inside the closet, a thousand-compartment closet is of no use if you don’t have everything well distributed. A closet is not just another piece of furniture, the order or disorder inside can significantly influence your life, imagine that you have an important event and you can’t find any clothing you want to wear. Although it may seem exaggerated, buying a new closet can be the best start to a more organized life.
It is not necessary to be an interior decorator to intuit what combines and what does not combine. As for the exterior appearance of the cabinets, the rule that says that less is more is applied, that is, it is preferable to bet on the minimum: black, white, beige or the natural color of wood, neutral tones that combine with the rest of the decoration of the room.
We can find cabinets with swinging or sliding doors, another determining feature of the room space. Sliding doors save a lot of space, but at the same time, these cabinets tend to have more depth so that the doors do not touch the clothes that are hanging. On the other hand, many prefer the swinging classic doors, because of the possibility of opening the closet completely and having an overview of everything inside, very practical especially when we do not know what to wear or we are looking for a specific garment.
Do not forget to check very well in the product specifications of what the cabinet is made of. Although we are looking for a cheap one, we must understand that it is a piece of furniture that should last many years, so it is better to prefer quality. Although wood is perhaps the most used material, you will also find some very good melamine coated chipboard, that is, a mixture of wood and hard plastic.