To maintain the lawn of your garden in perfect condition, the preferred tool is the electric lawnmower. A powerful and effective product that also avoids the problems with the fumes and the fuel load typical of the old models. But yes, it is important to bet on a powerful, agile model on the ground and that has a sufficient battery to be able to leave your perfect garden without recharging. Or failing that, a long cable that guarantees adequate comfort.
As the most recommended model of the moment, we find the Black & Decker EMax34I-QS mower, which has a very efficient adjustable cutting system and a battery with sufficient coverage for medium-sized gardens. The Einhell BG-EM 1743 HW is a short distance away, which has a simple control and management system with which to remove the lawn quickly. Its 42-liter capacity tank helps you save time while the battery system gives you the necessary autonomy.
Top 10 Electric Mowers
- Durable 20-Inch Steel Deck
- Powerful 12 Amp Motor
- Easily converts from mower to trimmer to edger for 3 tools in 1
- The 6.5 amp motor and PowerDrive transmission provide maximum performance when trimming through the toughest...
- IMPROVED ERGONOMICS: Comfort grip handle makes the lawn mower easy to maneuver
- BETTER CLIPPING COLLECTION: Our winged blade achieves 30% better clipping collection
- Powerful 11-amp motor provides the power to cut all types of grasses; high efficiency motor for gas-like power
- Large 14" Cutting width with 5-position easy-change cutting Height adjustment from 1" To 2. 5"
- Powerful 13-amp motor cuts a 14-inch wide path
- Tailor cutting Height with 3-position Height control
- Powerful 10 Amp motor delivers enough power to cut through tough grass
- Durable 16-Inch cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- Includes (1) Max Capacity 4 AH - 40V Lithium Battery
- 17'' deck is versatile and light weight
- G-max 40V Li-Ion battery system powers multiple tools for complete yard work system--includes one 4 Ah battery...
- 20-inch cutting deck offers a great balance of maneuverability and cutting capacity making it ideal for...
- Self-propelled transmission with variable speed
- Up to 45-minutes run time with the Briggs & Stratton 82V Lithium ion 2.0Ah Battery - kit comes with (2) 2Ah...
- 40 V 4.0 Ah iONMAX rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 40 minutes of whisper-quiet runtime and is...
- Featuring exclusive EcoSharp® technology for no fade power and maximum performance
What is the best electric lawnmower on the market?
When it comes to lawnmowers, we can basically classify them into manuals, gasoline, and electric (with cable or battery). The manuals require significant physical effort and the gasoline ones are very noisy. In addition, having to store gasoline at home makes them less and less popular and that is when the convenience of an electric lawnmower arises.
This guide to buying the best electric lawnmower aims to help you make a better choice, taking into account certain factors. When you make a comparison between electric mowers, we recommend you consider the following characteristics:
With cable or without cable
Indeed, cordless or wireless electric lawnmowers are what we have always known as battery-powered lawnmowers. You must leave the battery charging for some time to then be able to use the machine and they have autonomy of approximately one hour. The more voltage they have, the cleaner the cut will be.
On the other hand, wired lawnmowers connect and are ready to go; Its maintenance is limited to sharpening the blades. However, if the place where you must mow the lawn has obstacles such as stones, rosebushes, plants, etc., the cable can really be a hindrance. Therefore, you must choose if you want it with a battery or with cable and we recommend a machine with a battery when your garden has many obstacles or has an extension that makes it difficult to have such a long cable.
Power is important, especially if you are going to mow the lawn in a very large garden. In the case of battery-powered machines, the voltage of the battery is largely responsible for the power of the mower. Check the battery’s autonomy time and the necessary charging time before making a purchase.
In the case of electric machines, compare the motor between the different options. Similarly, having the blades in good condition will reflect how efficient your machine is mowing.
This aspect should be considered especially in the case of electric mowers with cable because if you can not cover the entire garden, you must buy extensions that allow you to reach every corner. There are different widths, obviously, the wider you buy, the faster you will finish mowing the lawn; a normal width is 25-32 ”.
Cutting height selector
Not everyone likes grass cut at the same height. Some prefer it too short to avoid having to cut it frequently, while others prefer a softer grass and in that case, the cut is rather a “pairing”. In order to choose, we need the mower to have a cutter height selector.
The blades are very important for a lawnmower. Check that they are metallic and that they can be easily maintained to ensure that they remain sharp for proper cutting of the lawn.
Lawn mowing management
You can find two types of lawnmowers in terms of the way they handle cut grass. You can buy a machine with a bag or you can buy a machine that when cutting the grass leaves it in such small pieces that it forms a mantle on top of the grass, which serves as fertilizer, since those small pieces of grass have nitrogen, phosphorus and others Nutrients needed to make your garden look like a healthy lawn.
This is also a decision of the garden owner. The machines that cut the grass by crushing the grass and redistributing it to fertilize are greener, the grass is padded and avoids the work of picking up the grass and throwing it away.
On the other hand, bagged machines make a faster cut, so it takes longer to re-cut it and it is as clean. But if you decide to buy a machine with a bag, you can also start a battery and prepare your own compost to fertilize the lawn or other plants you have. Make sure you have a bag large enough so you don’t have to empty it too often.
How much does a lawn mower cost?
There is a great variety of prices, basically depending on the power and the blades. It is important that you verify the guarantee offered by the manufacturer and the opinions that users of the same pour on a certain machine.
There are self-propelled lawn mowers, others that you must drive while sitting and others where you are walking, indicating the machine with your movements towards the direction in which you want it to cut. It’s all about tastes and budget.