In the morning waking up and starting the routine takes a lot of will. But if we know that a good coffee awaits us, as rich as that of coffee shops, but without leaving home, the mornings have another flavor. Whether you’re a foodie, an amateur barista or just a good coffee drinker, espresso machines are designed to get a coffee with all the features that this type of coffee requires.
Top 10 Espresso Machine
- Use convenient pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder. It makes espresso...
- Eliminate annoying start-up preparation with the self-priming operation. On/off switch
- EVERY CUP TO YOUR LIKING 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable...
- BREW LIKE A PRO Whatever your preference - single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte - the machine brews...
- DeLonghi America, Inc
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Make drip coffee, espresso, cappuccino and latte with this espresso and coffee machine. Saves...
- BUILT-IN STEAM WAND: You can create a rich and creamy foam for lattes and cappuccinos with steam wand, enjoy...
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE: Patented De'Longhi automatic cappuccino Latte Crema System helps create barista-style...
- SMART: Create perfect single serve coffee drinks effortlessly thanks to our new sensor touch display.External...
- ONE-TOUCH OPERTATION: One-touch control digital screen for 15 BAR espresso machine. Almost no special skills...
- FROTHING WAND: Make fantastic foamed milk for cappuccinos, lattes.You can turning the Froth Control Knob to...
Why an espresso machine?
The term espresso coffee (also known as espresso, espresso, espresso or alone), is given by the way of preparing this type of coffee originated in Italy. It owes its name to obtaining this drink through an espresso machine. It is characterized by its rapid preparation and a more concentrated flavor and texture.
If you like this type of intense and aromatic coffee, you can have it without the need to go to the nearest cafe or restaurant, in your own home. Espresso coffee is characterized by its intensity, aroma and coffee cream, a dense foam characteristic of espresso coffee that gives it an extraordinary flavor, much sought after by coffee lovers.
In the market, we find many machines for preparing coffee, from the typical Italian coffee maker that is placed on the stove that does not need electricity to the most advanced and sophisticated fully automated espresso machines.
Types of espresso coffee machines
There are different types of espresso machines:
- Manual espresso machine: Manually place the coffee in the filter and water in the coffee tank, press and with the steam generated by the machine you get an espresso with your coffee cream.
The good thing about this type of machines is that the user can choose the amount of coffee deposited in the filter, the coffee pressing and the amount of water, regulating these parameters we can obtain a more intense, softer, denser coffee, more light, with more cream, etc. It is the preferred machine for coffee puritans.
- Automatic espresso machines: In this case, the coffee maker has a tank for coffee beans and another for water. The coffee maker itself grinds the coffee, is dosed alone and can be regulated from the temperature, amount of water, fineness of grinding, etc.
- Super-automatic espresso machines: In addition to what is mentioned in the automatic coffee machines, they have a milk tank and simply by pressing a button you can make everything from an American coffee to a cappuccino. They are fully automatic and you can adjust all the parameters to get a coffee. Coffee gourmets, these machines are not to their liking.
A good manual express machine must be made of stainless steel, copper or brass, durable materials and resistant to high pressure.
As for the water pump there are models with a rotary pump that reaches about 4 or 5 bars of pressure; most of the most modern machines with vibratory pump, reach around 19 bar of pressure, thus obtaining that about 9 bar of water vapor pass through the ground coffee extracting all its aroma, a greater intensity in the flavor and the desired cream of Coffee characteristic of espresso coffees.
The temperature that reaches the water in these machines moves in the range between 85 and 92 ºC, without the water boiling; not to ruin the coffee, since boiled coffee, lost coffee.
An accessory increasingly present in the most modern machines is the vaporizer, which uses the steam produced by the machine to heat milk and produce foam in it, widely used in cappuccino coffees.
Every time in the market we find machines with more versatile filter holders that allow obtaining one or two cups of coffee simultaneously; even other models bring filters to use mono-dose bags (ESE format) very clean and comfortable for people who do not have time to walk dosing the ground coffee, although it is easy to do it with the measuring-pressing spoon they bring.
They all carry a heated cup, which is a warm tray that allows the cup to not be cold when the coffee is poured inside, to better preserve its aroma and not ruin it by cooling down on contact with the cup.
In terms of capacities and dimensions, the water tanks range from 1.2 to 2 liters, in this way we will not have to constantly fill the coffee maker every time we want to drink coffee. In the majority it allows us to regulate the amount of water that is poured per cup of coffee. The maximum preparation capacity of these machines is usually two cups simultaneously.
Keep in mind that they are not a kitchen appliance that can be used and stored in a cupboard, since its dimensions, although not too large, are around 30x30x30 cm; volume that we have to have available on the countertop, shelf or table where we want to place it, since they are also very colorful and will give our kitchen a particular air.
The power ranges between 750 W of the most economical machines and 1100 W the most complete machines.
The most interesting is the price range from € 50 to € 180. An economical coffee machine does not have to prepare a bad coffee, but they have fewer functions than the most expensive ones. These machines are a good option to savor a good espresso coffee at home without having to travel to a cafeteria.