Hair straighteners are one of the best solutions that exist today to straighten and control the mane, especially if we do it from home. These gadgets have evolved greatly in recent years and have become one of the essential products for hair care. Not only in beauty salons but also at home.
Weather conditions, such as rain or humidity, make controlling hair complicated. Above all, if the tendency of our hair is to curl. That is why hair straighteners are one of the best solutions to wear perfect, controlled and shiny hair.
Top 10 Flat Iron
- Use with fine to coarse hair to Straighten, Flip and Curl
- 1 inch solid ceramic tourmaline plates and advanced infrared heat technology
- Titanium flat iron use the advanced MCH ceramic heater and far-infrared technology can release negative ions...
- Adjustable temperature fit all hair types: 270F-320F suit for fragile hair, 330F-380F for damaged hair,...
- 1.75-inch special floating plate hair flat iron .Full contact and snag free when straightening hair .
- Titanium made hair straightener iron provide even distribution of heat.Leaves your hair shiny and silk smooth.
- 【 ONLY ONE STEP 】FURIDEN professional hair straightening with directional switch new design, only one step...
- 【 LESS TIME 】FURIDEN best flat iron with MCH, a new heating standard for hair appliance. This flat iron...
- 1" XL Advanced Ionic Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron for Brilliant Shine
- 400 Degree F Professional High Heat
- Ultra-smooth titanium plates conduct ultra-high heat and resist corrosion
- Ceramic heater instant heat & recovery
- Get shiny smooth results with the INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic 1-inch Flat Iron
- 1-inch floating plate for better contact with hair; extra-long plates for quicker styling
- Professional salon model
- Color coded temperature ranges and preset recommended temperatures
- Professional salon model hair styling iron
- 1" ceramic plates for easy glide
- ♥1.75 inch Ultimate Titanium made plates provide even distribution of heat.Leaves your hair shiny and silk...
- ♥Key Press style flat iron and curl iron 2 in 1 tool with LCD display,full contact and snag free when...
Shopping guide: What you should know about hair straighteners
Before buying a hair straightener you must ask yourself why you need it or what materials it should have so that it fits perfectly to your hair. In this section, we address the most frequently asked questions of users and explain the different types that exist.
What exactly is a hair straightener?
A hair straightener is a tool that straightens or gives a concrete shape to the hair thanks to two plates that are joined at one end and that is heated at high temperatures. This tool has two main users: beauty salons and people who use them at home.
The first hair irons that appeared on the market did not get so hot and were made of a single material. But today there are many brands that manufacture these products and also do it in different materials. Basically, today four types of hair straighteners are manufactured:
- Tourmaline and ceramic
- Ionic technology
The material of the plates is one of the main factors that must be assessed to achieve fantastic results without damaging the hair. It should be said that today, the most commonly used materials for most brands of hair straighteners are titanium and ceramics. There are other manufacturers that use other materials and the result is still good.
What are hair straighteners with ceramic plates?
Ceramics, as is well known, is a porous and non-metallic material, and as a special feature, it is able to spread heat evenly across any surface. Ceramics for hair irons are usually one of the most used materials.
It should be noted that, within the range of hair irons with ceramic plates, there are two types of model: plates with completely ceramic plates and those that are made of aluminum and are covered by ceramic. These second are, in any case, the most economical of all.
What is the difference between plates with plates made of ceramic and aluminum?
The first, 100% ceramic, are a bit more delicate than those made of aluminum and ceramic coated. It is true that they last much longer and are capable of emitting a negative ion charge much higher than the others. However, the result is incredible and, at the same time, they protect the hair.
In addition, on ceramic-coated aluminum sheets, it is important to keep in mind that the life of the iron will last until the surface begins to wear and the aluminum appears (it should be years). If this happens, be careful! Being a material that takes high temperatures, it could seriously damage the hair.
What are the main characteristics of titanium plates hair irons?
Titanium is a type of material that is fantastic for combing and shaping mane difficult to tame. And it doesn’t matter if the hair is very curly or very thick. But why is this material so effective? Because it is a type of material that withstands high temperatures very stable and is a very good conductor of heat.
What are the main features of hair straighteners with ionic technology?
Before starting one thing stands out. When it is said that the hair irons are with ionic technology, it means that these irons have built-in negative ion generators, not positive ones.
To clarify it: the positive ions are responsible for the appearance of static electricity, curling the hair or becoming slightly shiny. On the contrary, when we charge our hair with negative ions, it is when we give shine and a silky appearance to our hair.
Ionic technology hair straighteners are devices that are capable of artificially manufacturing negative ions on their own. In this way, the hair is able to recover its neutral charge and thus avoid frizz or the appearance of a scourer.
How does a hair straightener work?
The hair has a protective protein that is called keratin. This protein is responsible for protecting the hair because it seals the hair fiber so that moisture does not enter, the hair is broken, or anything else. What hair straighteners achieve is that, by applying heat to the hair evenly and steadily, the natural tendency of our hair is broken and we create new shapes at our whim.
This is an advantage that keratin does not give us since its effect is not uniform. The main challenge that all hair straighteners have to fight and all studies have to determine are to decide at what temperature the hair should be ironed to get good results without damaging it.