Air conditioning is one of the appliances we use most in summer to cope with high temperatures; but the daily use of this type of equipment causes a very high energy consumption expense and with it, there is also an increase in our electricity bill. Therefore, when buying or renovating our air conditioning, we must know how to choose the right one, since a good choice and correct use of this device can mean a great reduction in our consumption and in our invoice.
Top 10 HVAC
- Andrew D. Althouse, Carl H. Turnquist, Alfred F. Bracciano, Daniel C. Bracciano, Gloria M. Bracciano
- Measure high-side & low-side refrigerant pressure & temperatures (simultaneously) of ac/refrigeration systems
- Low-loss ac/r system checks. Not hoses required
- This hvac technician t-shirt sets everyone whose job it is, to repair the electronics in air conditioners up...
- Awesome for adults, men, women. A great gift idea for christmas, a birthday, an anniversary, or any other...
- Unique, patented head slides back and forth to switch from 1/4-Inch to 5/16-Inch magnetic hex-head screwdriver
- Thumb nut locks tip setting
- Arthur A. Bell, W. Larsen Angel
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Service provided by a local pro
- Inspection of all parts and levels
- HVAC Funny Shirt - When The Ladies Get Hot They Call Me
- If you're looking for HVAC gifts then you found the best HVAC funny shirt.
- James E. Brumbaugh
- Builders Book, Inc.
- Builders Book, Inc.
- Price For: Each Fitting Material: Brass Item: Liquid Charging Adapter Connection Size: 1/4" Male x 1/4" Female...
How to choose the air conditioner that best suits your needs?
Calculate the power of the equipment and the characteristics of your home.
An important detail that you have to take into account is the power of the device that you are going to install and the ideal thing would be that you take into account the type of walls you have, the outside temperature, the orientation of the room, etc. As this is complicated, in practice we take about 100 fridges per m2 as a base, which means that a 30m2 enclosure would require an apparatus of approximately 3000 fridges, or what is the same, of 3.48W / h.
Look at the energy efficiency label.
Like any other electrical appliance, the air conditioner has a label that notifies its energy consumption. This is classified as A +++ for the most efficient and G for the least efficient. In addition, this label also measures the values of SEER (in the case of cold air) and SCOP (in the case of hot air).
Consider the performance of the device
Currently, most of the Split has “Inverter Technology” that is responsible for keeping the room temperature stable without having to reach the peaks continuously. In addition, many of the devices also have the option “air only” which would be used as if it were a fan. These a priori options may increase the price of the device, but then they will save energy and, therefore, save the electricity bill.
Other interesting features to consider:
- Filters to reduce allergies and asthma: there are very advanced devices capable of deodorizing and purifying the air, highly recommended for people with asthma or allergies.
- Filters to maintain a pleasant atmosphere: there are devices that have photocatalytic filters, which are responsible for breaking down the bills that create a bad smell.
Make good use of the air conditioner
Making good use of this device will also help you create a comfortable climate in your home and reduce the electricity bill.
- Keep the temperature in winter at 21º and in summer at 24º.
- Keep the humidity percentage between 40% and 60%.
- The air circulation must go at adequate speed and must not concentrate in only one direction.
Benefits to take into account
It is important that the device we choose has a series of characteristics, especially those focused on energy saving as intelligent presence sensors, which turn on the equipment when someone is in the room and activate the saving mode when the room is empty, or that the equipment incorporates Inverter technology, which regulates the work of the compressor avoiding continuous stops and starts of the device, which reduces the consumption of the device by 40%.
It is also interesting that the air conditioning equipment you choose incorporates Eco, Night type saving modes … as they help reduce the energy consumption of the equipment. A good regulation of the temperature of the air conditioning is essential to not consume more energy. Remember that for each degree that we lower the temperature, we will consume 10% more electricity.
Another characteristic of a good air conditioner to take into account, for the comfort it provides, is that the equipment is as quiet as possible since some equipment can be annoying because of its noise level. For a bedroom, it is not recommended to exceed 24 decibels.