For the proper functioning of the human organism, there is a special need for vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. Generally, these types of elements are supplied to the body through the daily diet. However, there are people with a higher demand for this type of vitamins and minerals or with unbalanced diets that do not imply their necessary contribution. The solution for them is to supplement their diet with multivitamin complexes. These are capsules that provide the human body with an extra supply of vitamins and minerals.
Top 10 Multivitamin
- Includes 200 tablets of Centrum Adult daily multivitamin supplement for men and women
- Backed by over 35 years of nutritional science, Centrum is the most complete multivitamin, with Centrum's...
- Nature Made Multi Daily is a multivitamin with 14 key vitamins and minerals for daily nutritional support....
- No Color Added
- 130 tablets, more than a four month supply (taken daily at listed serving size)
- A blend of 30 vitamins and minerals per serving (1 tablet)
- SUPPORTS HEALTH AND WELLNESS & PROMOTES CELLULAR ENERGY PRODUCTION* - Just 2 ADULT MULTI GUMMIES will help...
- GREAT TASTING & LOW SUGAR - HAVASU ADULT MULTI GUMMIES are perfect for adults who want a tasty and convenient...
- 365 tablets, a one year supply (taken daily at listed serving size)
- A blend of 20 vitamins and minerals, with 300 mcg Lycopene per serving (1 tablet)
- COMPREHENSIVE: O.N.E Multivitamin provides vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients to provide a...
- ANTIOXIDANT SUPPORT: O.N.E multivitamin specifically provides antioxidant support as well as promotes cellular...
- Provides the essential nutrients necessary for a balanced diet and to give you that Energized Feeling
- Now with more folic acid selenium and calcium
- Multi vitamin and multi mineral supplement for adults over 50
- 125 tablets, more than a four month supply (taken at listed serving size)
- MADE WITH NON-GMO WHOLE FOODS: Formulated with potent antioxidants from 42 non-GMO fruits and vegetables.
- PLANT-BASED ENZYMES & PROBIOTICS: With plant-based enzymes and probiotics to support smooth digestion.
- One A Day Women's Multivitamin is a complete multivitamin specially designed for the leading concerns of women...
- Contains key nutrients like Vitamins A, B6, C, D, E, and K, Riboflavin, Thiamin, and Niacin
The most common vitamins and minerals that can be found in multivitamin complexes are the following:
- Vitamin A. It helps in the formation and maintenance of the good condition of the teeth, soft and bone tissues, mucous membranes and skin. It also favors a good vision. It can be found in animal products, such as beef, fish, poultry and dairy products. Also in fruits and vegetables.
- Vitamin C. It is necessary for tissue growth and repair (for example, to heal wounds). It also helps keep cartilage, bones, and teeth. Vitamin C can be found especially in the fruit: citrus fruits, kiwi, strawberries, melons … also in vegetables such as cabbage, tomatoes or peppers.
- Vitamin D. This vitamin is very important to help the body absorb calcium. Both calcium and phosphorus are essential for good bone development. It can be found in fish, in oil, in eggs or in fortified dairy products.
- Vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant. Therefore, it protects the body tissue from damage caused by harmful substances to cells, tissues, and organs. It is also important for the formation of red blood cells and to dilate blood vessels. It can be found in foods such as almonds, raw seeds, chard, spinach …
- In addition, multivitamin complexes also include an extra contribution of other vitamins such as B2, B3, B6, B7, B12 and zinc, iron, or magnesium.
Now that we know what multivitamin supplements are, let’s go a little deeper to find out what is the best multivitamin complex. For this, we have analyzed more than 30 products of different brands, according to the price-quality ratio, the type of vitamins and minerals they offer or the performance they provide. Finally, we have been left with a selection of the best of them.
How to take a multivitamin?
It is one of the most common questions when it comes to starting diets or periods in which the body will be supplemented with these types of tablets. Typically, the complexes come in the form of capsules, so it will be necessary to take one or two of these capsules to provide the body with the necessary amount of vitamins and minerals.
The fact that they come in capsules is much better to ensure that the measures are taken correctly. It is usual to take this type of tablets first thing of the day, whether fasting or during breakfast.
Tips To Buy A Multivitamin Supplement
To acquire the best multivitamin that really suits your preferences and needs you have to take into account certain factors depending on your pace of life and the situation of wear and tear in which you are.
First, it is important to look for a product whose contribution of vitamins and minerals is varied. The fundamental thing is not the number of elements that it offers, but that it contains the most important or the ones that our organism demands the most in a certain moment. That is, a long list of vitamins and minerals on the label does not guarantee that the final product is better.
Likewise, there are products developed specifically for women or for men, for adults exclusively or suitable for all ages. There are also vitamin complexes with improved formulas to guarantee the best absorption of a certain element or to avoid unwanted side effects.
On the other hand, it is also important to consider the type of multivitamin supplement we need. There are some specific for athletes and others to improve recovery after the effort.
There are also to improve the quality of sleep thanks to specific components that other products do not have. There are also some that favor better physical and mental performance. Therefore, it is essential to consider what our situation is.
- It may be that we have gone through a time of intense activity, whether at work or through harder training. In this case, it may be more convenient to look for a product that favors recovery after having put the body under stress than usual.
- If, on the contrary, it is at this time when we need to be more productive, we will have to look for vitamin complexes that favor greater performance and reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- It can also happen that we are in a state of health and in an optimal way but that the excess of physical or mental activity causes us to not rest properly during the night. This increase in the pace of life without adequate rest is what can produce a long-term lack of vitamins and minerals. To prevent it, we can look for multivitamins that contribute elements that favor the quality of sleep. If they are also complete, it will be a perfect combination.