Although we all have a freezer at home, the truth is that loading the water trays to prepare ice, preventing them from spilling and ensuring that the ice does not take flavors or odors from the freezer is not easy. Therefore, ice machines are becoming a quality alternative to having good ice almost immediately, and can even create specialties such as ice for slushies or mojitos, for example. Among the best products of the moment, we have the H. Koenig KB12 model, the favorite of consumers, capable of producing 12 kilos of ice in two different sizes and in a time of only 24 hours. Another interesting model is the Thinkgizmos TG20 machine, which has the capacity to generate three different cube sizes, with ice available every 10 or 15 minutes, so that you are always well served.
Top 10 Portable Ice Maker
- PORTABLE ICE POWER - This powerful ice maker creates delicious, chewable, bullet shaped ice up to 1.5 lbs at a...
- ICE CUBES DONE QUICK - Features small or medium size options for bullet shape ice, ready in just 6 to 8...
- DESIGNED TO MAKE PERFECT ICE, FAST - Our ice maker works quickly, making 9 chewable, delicious, bullet-shaped...
- COMPACT, PORTABLE ICE MACHINE - Good things come in small packages. Measuring at 9.5 x 12 x 13.5 inches, this...
- PERFECT ICE IN 8 MINUTES - Our portable ice maker works fast, making chewable, bullet-shaped ice-cubes in just...
- COMPACT & PORTABLE - Measuring only 9.5 x 12.9 x 14 inches, this ice maker can go anywhere. Does not require...
- Compact Ice Maker in Metallic Blue - Exclusive Color
- Enjoy a constant flow and batches of ice in as little as 6 minutes
- Portable Stainless Steel Ice Maker
- Over-sized Ice bucket holds 2.2 lbs of ice
- Includes: Igloo Countertop Ice Maker, Ice scoop and User Manual
- Makes 26 lbs of Ice in Two Different Sizes
- ❄️ Better Quality Clear Ice - Sentern produces clear ice cubes that are harder and denser, Real Clear Ice...
- ❄️ Efficient Production and High Storage Capacity - Enjoy a batch of solid and crystal-clear ice cubes in...
- Makes up to 26 pounds of ice per day
- Produces 9 ice cubes every 7 minutes
- Affordability - Quality and elegance at a more affordable price point ,Operating Temperature 55°F - 90°F
- Speed and Efficiency - Less than 20 minutes to first nugget, produces 1 lb an hour and the bin holds 3 lbs
- Makes ice in as little as 7 minutes
- Makes 9 ice cubes per 1 cycle
What is the best ice machine on the market?
Ice making is as simple a task as having water and a cold space to store it. However, when we need ice in certain quantities, the process seems much more complicated. So if you want to have different ice preparations or have the supply you need you just have to read our guide to buy the best ice machine, in which we discover the key aspects of this type of products.
Since not everyone needs the same amount of ice, the first aspect to consider is the ice production capacity we need. A production that varies depending on the machine, so that we can find from models of about 10 kilos of production to products that can reach up to 25 kilos of ice generation, with short cycles for cases of higher product demand.
Since this is one of the aspects that has the most influence on how much the machine costs, it is yours to verify it precisely and adjust it to our demand although, as always, with small extra security, for those cases in which we can need. Anyway, in any comparison of ice machines, we can find precise references of what the market offers in this regard.
By the way, in addition to the production capacity, it is convenient to consider its cycle. That is, how often the machine is expelling ice once prepared. This is the time it takes for the product to lower the water to the temperature necessary to launch a new batch of ice into the tank. Something that should also be considered in order to know how often you will have new ice cubes available inside the product.
Capacity and feeding system
Another important aspect of the ice machine that you are evaluating is the feeding system and its capacity. In domestic and small production models, it is usual for the product to include a reservoir to put the water, which is spent as it is used. In the models of greater capacity, the machine goes directly connected to a pipe, allowing an uninterrupted feeding.
Starting with the former, the truth is that these machines usually have tanks of varying capacity, which are around 3 or 4 liters of water, approximately, which make the preparation process easier. The deposits usually have a relatively simple filling system, so you don’t have to make too much effort in the process.
This aspect can be avoided with professional cutting ice machines, which are directly connected to your home’s pipe network. In this case, it is the machine itself that takes the water according to what it needs, without the need for deposits or other elements. In this case, the amount is higher, although the truth is that the final result of the product is worth it. Above all, if you have a great need for ice production.
Type of cubes manufactured
To finalize our advice, beyond other important aspects such as the size or material of the machine, among others, we cannot fail to assess the type of cubes manufactured by the machine. Today, the simple traditional cube is no longer enough, with models of all kinds that make it easier to add the amount and type of ice you need to your drinks.
Starting with the type of the cube, the usual thing is that most of the machines cover the conventional demand of usual cubes, suitable for all types of drinks. However, it is already possible to find a good and economical ice machine, capable of preparing flake ice for example. A type of ice that is used in cocktail shakers and in all types of drinks of this cut. An increasingly fashionable type of ice for all types of users.
The other aspect to assess within the cubes is the size. It is not the same to have large solid cubes ideal for your glasses and large glasses, as with smaller sized cubes for shots, for a couple of examples. Another aspect that you can verify in a simple way, being convenient to bet on products that have at least a couple of sizes of cubes, as little. The more complete the offer, the better for your drinks.